Who are the Untouchable Sharks?

SoftDumpInTheCorner

Jun 29, 2010
Man Jose
Hertl, Meier, Ferraro being the only true untouchables. Under 27 with decent contracts that can be outperformed. As someone said before Jones and Karlsson are also untouchable because nobody wants to touch those contracts.

Everyone else could and should be traded out to begin this inevitable rebuild. They should just start at the draft and see what kind of offers they can get for Kane, Burns or Couture. This would be a good draft to start building farm system equity. Vlasic will be a difficult contract to send out as the Sharks will have to pay to get that contract off their hands.

I would heavily consider finding a goalie 1B to push Jones to see if he can regain some sort of trade value.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The three years he's already put under his belt on this contract, he'd have to drop pretty hard right now in order for it to no longer be worth it with the salaries of premier offensive d-men going up and up.

Yeah, i am not one that is worried about burns contract. He will still be worth it at the very end of it, and if he isn't then its litterally going to be the final year or at max 2 years of it.

So the sharks will get above or fair value for burns and his contract for 6 or 7 years and below value for maybe 2 years. That to me is worth it to keep, unless of course wilson decides to do a 180 and go full rebuild in 1 or 2 years. Then yes trade him since he will be the best or 2nd best player to trade at that point.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
This is a tough time to ask this question, as most of us are still stinging from this disastrous season. This team is still loaded with talent and I'm hesitant to blow it up at this point.
So what is needed then?
New skates/ sticks?
New coaching, philosophy, motivators?
New training programs for over 50% of roster?
New uniforms?
How about the 2 Tkachuk Bro's playing with Couture at Center? _elluva restart top-line. The cost would be hefty ×'s 2 tho!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
they got Torres after he had too many suspensions, and I still don't like his hit on Milan Michálek, they need young, fast, skilled upcoming pests to be effective, but I bet none are available, and even if they are the sharks seem to discourage that type of player
Brendan Lemieux in NYR comes to mind. He is a 'California Kid'.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Hertl, Meier, Ferraro being the only true untouchables. Under 27 with decent contracts that can be outperformed. As someone said before Jones and Karlsson are also untouchable because nobody wants to touch those contracts.

Everyone else could and should be traded out to begin this inevitable rebuild. They should just start at the draft and see what kind of offers they can get for Kane, Burns or Couture. This would be a good draft to start building farm system equity. Vlasic will be a difficult contract to send out as the Sharks will have to pay to get that contract off their hands.

I would heavily consider finding a goalie 1B to push Jones to see if he can regain some sort of trade value.

May be a bit far-fetched, far-out there, but...how about Logan Couture to Winnipeg for Patrik Laine?

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
There really are none. Couture is over the hump. Hertl has injury history. Timo hasn’t exceeded expectations. Labanc had a down year. Kane is streaky as hell. Burns and Vlasic are old af. Jones is bad.

Reactions: Blackbear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad