Who are the Untouchable Sharks?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Tampa will be cutting every corner they can to get under the cap. They will very resistant to taking any salary back and will gladly accept a lower draft pick to avoid any salary coming back. I think we will be one of a few teams interested in Killorn but not the only team. If DW wants to move Sorensen, it will easier to move him to another team in a separate deal.

It's pointless for them to not take an NHL player that is cheaper back when they will still have to spend a certain amount to fill out their lineup. Sorensen is an ideal person to do such a thing.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
It's pointless for them to not take an NHL player that is cheaper back when they will still have to spend a certain amount to fill out their lineup. Sorensen is an ideal person to do such a thing.
Think he would actually do wonders in TB. Undersized, fast, euro. They've had so much success with that profile/skillset.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
This is a tough time to ask this question, as most of us are still stinging from this disastrous season. This team is still loaded with talent and I'm hesitant to blow it up at this point.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
No one should be untouchable. This team needs to be blown up to retool the roster. They were one of the worst teams for a reason

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
What are your thoughts on William Nylander for Timo Meier?

I think Nylander still has some more untapped offensive potential than he's shown and would likely produce a lot more with added ice time.

It's a RW for a RW swap, but the Leafs are looking to inject some physicality into their top 6.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

I think Nylander still has some more untapped offensive potential than he's shown and would likely produce a lot more with added ice time.

It's a RW for a RW swap, but the Leafs are looking to inject some physicality into their top 6.
Not a chance.
The Sharks don't have enough of that themselves

Reactions: themelkman

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

We can't afford to merely swap equivalent talents while also taking on salary.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

No way in hell. You're more likely to get Labanc for TO's cap situation and picks or prospects. I like him for the Sharks to pick up but you're not getting Meier.

Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

I like Nylander

Meier is simply off the table, full stop

If that stands in the way of a deal that is understandable

I'd be willing to have discussions that include any player not named Meier, Hertl, E. Karlsson or Merkley

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
no player is untouchable, i hated when Friesen was traded, but at least we had Nolan, then he got traded. Still a diehard Sharks fan, although i would be ok with Couture traded, as long as it made the sharks better on the ice (I think He made a bad mistake)

Last edited:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
no player is untouchable, i hated when Freasen was traded, but at least we had Nolen, then he got traded.

Em7y.gif

oof

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

jabelskey

JAX, FL - SHARKS WATCH ANYONE?!
Nov 27, 2018
Hertl. Once they find someone that will complement his style of play, he will flourish.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
no player is untouchable, i hated when Friesen was traded, but at least we had Nolan, then he got traded. Still a diehard Sharks fan, although i would be ok with Couture traded, as long as it made the sharks better on the ice (I think He made a bad mistake)
Sharks got Selanne for Friesen & Shields. At the time there was no one who hated that trade.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Sharks got Selanne for Friesen & Shields. At the time there was no one who hated that trade.

Was a little before my hockey time, but I did look back at his numbers recently and they didn't look too terrible. Besides the wraparound miss (and him being known as a Duck), was there really much of a reason why Selanne never really clicked with Sharks fans?

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Was a little before my hockey time, but I did look back at his numbers recently and they didn't look too terrible. Besides the wraparound miss (and him being known as a Duck), was there really much of a reason why Selanne never really clicked with Sharks fans?
His knee had been damaged prior to the trade and he had been kind of struggling by his standards in Anaheim. He was decent in SJ but the knee limited him from being the stud he was. He got his knee fixed when he became a UFA and signed in Colorado with Kariya because the Avs were just better. He resumed his career as an absolute goal scoring machine at that point. Friesen was a mediocre talent at best though. He only got 30 goals because they played the shit out of him. 5 on 5, PP, PK. Dude never came off the ice because he was a great skater. Worst hands I've ever seen for a 1st round pick center though. If he wasn't so damn fast he probably never plays above the 3rd line. Pretty sure that's where he played for the Devils (?) when he won his cup.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Because he wasn't what he was before and after his stint here but that was also due to his health at the time. He was pretty beaten down physically during his time here especially his knees.

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
I did too, maybe because it was when I first followed the sharks more then just casually, but I loved that team! They did not have as much skill as more recent versions, but they had something we have lacked for the past few years.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I did too, maybe because it was when I first followed the sharks more then just casually, but I loved that team! They did not have as much skill as more recent versions, but they had something we have lacked for the past few years.
I could see hating it if you were new to hockey but otherwise that was a steal and turned SJ into something more than a pop gun offense. Maybe the best trade, value wise, Lombardi ever made. The only thing that team had was maybe better defensive zone play and/or goaltending. None of those teams with Nolan would have been better than almost every Sharks team of the last decade. None of those teams even got past the 2nd round until Selanne and Nolan were both gone. Maybe health? That's about the only thing those teams might have had that was better...

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
I could see hating it if you were new to hockey but otherwise that was a steal and turned SJ into something more than a pop gun offense. Maybe the best trade, value wise, Lombardi ever made. The only thing that team had was maybe better defensive zone play and/or goaltending. None of those teams with Nolan would have been better than almost every Sharks team of the last decade. None of those teams even got past the 2nd round until Selanne and Nolan were both gone. Maybe health? That's about the only thing those teams might have had that was better...

what they had was if they managed to make it to play the blues last year, the amount of injured players for both teams would have been the same

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad