Who are the top 3 goaltenders in the NHL (choose 3 options)?

Who are the top 3 goaltenders in the NHL (choose 3 options)?

• Total voters

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Vasilevskiy and Hellebuyck were my only two choices because I couldn't decide on the third. To me, they are the only two clear choices for top 3, with two or three that have an argument for inclusion.

Well said. Those top two seem be alone on that day-to-day win you games tier.

eli4spetterss0n

Jul 9, 2013
White Rock, BC
Price got outplayed by Hart since Hart entered the league and head to head. This is nostalgia speaking.

Why does head-to-head matter?

Price had a better season than Hart in 18-19 (similar numbers but a lot more games played).

Hart had a better season this year, but he also played for the better team, and he also played 15 less games, which isn't nothing.

And Price had the better playoffs.

Come 2022, we all know Price is going to be the starting goalie for Canada.

I like Hart, and I think he'll be in the top 5 soon, but not yet.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You can tell who watches hockey and who does not.

Price carried the Habs again this year, behind the worst Habs team I have literally ever seen.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
You can tell who watches hockey and who does not.

Price carried the Habs again this year, behind the worst Habs team I have literally ever seen.

909 SV% is carrying at team now? that was good for 31st int he league (25GP+)

and he carried them to what? 24th best int he league? Hes had 2 bad seasons int he past 3 years now.

Im the first to say he'd look better on a better team, but that goes for almost any goalie.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
909 SV% is carrying at team now? that was good for 31st int he league (25GP+)

and he carried them to what? 24th best int he league? Hes had 2 bad seasons int he past 3 years now.

Im the first to say he'd look better on a better team, but that goes for almost any goalie.
Nice stats watching. The Habs would be a 20 win a year team without him.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Nice stats watching. The Habs would be a 20 win a year team without him.
No Ive watched him play, as you can see where I live. Dont tell me he was great in 2017-18, and this year. He simply wasnt.

Was great for the 10 games in the playoffs, Ill give him that, but since hes won the Hart 5 seasons ago hes been an inconsistent goalie.

Yes the Habs are a bad team, and that doesnt help, but you can say that ANY goalie would look better on a better team.... I mean, Hellebuyck managed a Vezina season on poor defensive Jets team. So whats Price's excuse?

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No Ive watched him play, as you can see where I live. Dont tell me he was great in 2017-18, and this year. He simply wasnt.

Was great for the 10 games in the playoffs, Ill give him that, but since hes won the Hart 5 seasons ago hes been an inconsistent goalie.

Yes the Habs are a bad team, and that doesnt help, but you can that ANY goalie would look better on a better team.... I mean, Hellebuyck managed a Vezina season on poor defensive Jets team. So whats Price's excuse?

You seem to be stuck on stats, nothing can change your opinion. Its fine, some people are just simple like that.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
You seem to be stuck on stats, nothing can change your opinion. Its fine, some people are just simple like that.
yeah, SV% is a relevant stat for goalies believe it or not. The fact that you think he had a good year, I think youre being a little too homerish like many Price loving Habs fans out there.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
yeah, SV% is a relevant stat for goalies believe it or not. The fact that you think he had a good year, I think youre being a little too homerish like many Price loving Habs fans out there.
Lmao, the Habs suck. Theres literally two Habs who had good performances this year and its Price and Suzuki.

Im as far from a homer as you can get when it comes to this team.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Lmao, the Habs suck. Theres literally two Habs who had good performances this year and its Price and Suzuki.

Im as far from a homer as you can get when it comes to this team.
Tatar, Danault, and Petry were their best players.... Suzuki had a very good rookie season, but wasnt their best player during the reg season. Come on now.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Price Vasi Helle Gibson is a clear top 4 for me, I don't think I could decide between the four to make a definite top 3 because of the confounding variable of the teams they play for

Agreed 100%. I voted Price, Helly, Gibson. Vasi probably could be above Helly but due to the D core in front I gave the edge to Helly.

Reactions: Mrb1p

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Vasilevskiy then Price. #3 was a tough call with Rask, Gibson and Hellebuyck in the mix.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Seems like you either just watched the playoffs, or have a very short memory if you acutally think Price and Suzuki were their best players during the whole season.
Imagine thinking Danault was the Habs best player... Media hype much ?

Your name fits here, if you actually watched.

Petry was crap for the first half and picked up after, Danault was average as he always is, Tatar was pretty bad if you ask anyone, Suzuki started slow but ended up being the best forward by a good margin towards the end of the season.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Imagine thinking Danault was the Habs best player... Media hype much ?

Your name fits here, if you actually watched.

Petry was crap for the first half and picked up after, Danault was average as he always is, Tatar was pretty bad if you ask anyone, Suzuki started slow but ended up being the best forward by a good margin towards the end of the season.

imagine thinking a rookie with 41 pts was the Habs best player. Imagine thinking the goalie who finished 31st in SV% was the Habs best player.

and you say Tatar was pretty bad?! Had 61 pts in 68 GP, 14 more than 2nd best on the team. And thats "Bad". Wow... did you fall on your head this morning, bud?... and Danault 47P in 71GP, finished I believe 6th in SELKE voting.

And you think Suzuki was the Habs BEST player this season? lol

Your avatar fits here. You need better glasses....

Go ahead and do a poll on the Habs board. "Who was the Habs best player this season?".... maybe thatll knock some sense into ya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad