Who are the top 10 unhearlded players the stike helped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Former prospects who never made it and the star didnt shine so bright, journeymen who will be able to take the next step?

Who are the unhearlded guys who will become solid contibuters this season? SOme may call them sleepers, diamonds in the rough.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Pucks said:
Former prospects who never made it and the star didnt shine so bright, journeymen who will be able to take the next step?

Who are the unhearlded guys who will become solid contibuters this season? SOme may call them sleepers, diamonds in the rough.

Marian Hossa, Peter Forsberg, Marian Gaborik and Daniel Alfredsson had one thing in common last season. Neither produced as well as Kristian Huselius did in the SEL...

Huselius could be the next Näslund. Both needed allot of time and Markus also got a much needed change of scenario. Don't know if Husse will break out this year but I wouldn't be suprised if he did...

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Ola said:
Marian Hossa, Peter Forsberg, Marian Gaborik and Daniel Alfredsson had one thing in common last season. Neither produced as well as Kristian Huselius did in the SEL...

Huselius could be the next Näslund. Both needed allot of time and Markus also got a much needed change of scenario. Don't know if Husse will break out this year but I wouldn't be suprised if he did...

Wow, I am totally lost how Huselius can be compared to Naslund. I predict Huselius will wear out his welcome with the Panthers and get traded in the first 4 months.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Ola said:
None of those guys even played full seasons in the SEL last year.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
i would say any "smaller" skilled player will benefit from the new rules

and as for the strike, Bobby Holik

the ranger bought out his contract at 2/3 then he signs a huge contract with Atlanta. Could life be any better

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
boredmale said:
and as for the strike, Bobby Holik

the ranger bought out his contract at 2/3 then he signs a huge contract with Atlanta. Could life be any better
Well, you could just end up playing hockey for a living :)

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
I see Jan Bulis for the Habs. He played extremely well in Europe last season with Hejduk, getting as many points as Hejduk even, and the Bulis I am seeing in pre-season (I know, it's only pre-season but still) so far is not the Bulis I last saw in the NHL. He looks more confident on the ice and he's contributing a bit more offensively.

I'm really looking forward to see what he can do with Bonk this season.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The lockout sure helped Randy Robitaille. I believe I read that he led the Swiss League in scoring last year. I have no clue if that success will translate into any late-career renaissance in the NHL, but it is possible. Of course, he has to secure a spot first and it's looking like the 2nd-line center position may have just been stolen from him by Preds invitee Yanic Perrault.

cxreg

Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Jon Sim. A guy who could never hold a spot, had a huge impact with the Phantoms and a key to winning the Calder Cup. He has a bag full of goals in preseason and has been slated for a line with Knuble and Mike Richards now.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
PM Bouchard, everyone thought the Wild destroyed his development but watch the guy rack up points this year :D

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Matt Cullen? He had a solid year in Europe and for the US team (while he was healthy), and may end up playing onto the 2nd line if he doesn't get traded.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
A lot of younger guys that got to play in the AHL last season certainly have a leg up on NHLers just returning.

Jason Spezza, Mike Camelari, Ryan Miller, and my boy Matty Garon.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
How about the "fringe" players? Minimum salary went up to 450,000 or something , about 3 times what it was before.

lagwagon0

Mar 9, 2004
Sim is a great choice considering he was worth absolutely nothing to the Kings and now is looking at being a full-time contributor on a good team. That being said, he's still a mediocre NHLer who will look decent on the Flyers.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Definitely Brandon Bockenski.

If it wasnt for the lockout, Spezza wouldnt have been in the AHL last year, wouldnt have helped him rookie of the year in the AHL, wouldnt have a spot on the sens top line this year.

This guy was drafted in the 7th round in 2001.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
Pierre McGwuire was on the radio here in Edmonton this morning talking up Brandon Bockenski in Ottawa.

He also mentioned Ales Hemsky. Not exactly a "fringe" player, but a year of playing in Europe seems to have improved his game. He was MVP of the playoffs in the Chech league and has looked very strong here in the preseason.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
David Vyborny was starting to get some recognition before the lockout however he had a great yeah over in Europe and looks to have become a true firstliner as opposed to a 2nd liner playing on the first line due to lack of depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad