Who Are the Top 10 Power Forwards in the 2011 Draft?

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
some of them are questionable but were considered/can be considered power forwards in the future.

mcneill, saad, biggs, jenner, jacobs, landeskog, ambroz,etc.

jensen can become one, and couturier should be one to an extent when he fills out.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
some of them are questionable but were considered/can be considered power forwards in the future.

mcneill, saad, biggs, jenner, jacobs, landeskog, ambroz,etc.

jensen can become one, and couturier should be one to an extent when he fills out.

Saad is as soft as a baby's butt.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
Saad is as soft as a baby's butt.
He's the reason I said "questionable" in my first sentence, he obviously has the size and the team who drafts him is probably going to tell him, get stronger and play harder or we're not signing you(well not to that extent).

Cudo

Apr 30, 2010
Saskatchewan
I guess I should ask before posting, but what is the definition of a power forward?
I picture big bruising players like Bertuzzi, Franzen, Kassian, etc.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
for a pure power forward #1 with a bullet is Tyler Biggs. He is far and away the nastiest power forward out there imo....and being this you have to have talent to score as well, so any type of goons or just overly physical guys cant be counted.

Colin Jacobs would be a very solid pick as well as this kid has developed an all around game, plays very nasty, and can contribute goals as well.

Brandon Saad should be much more then what he is, but he has the size but not the fire and physicality yet. Maybe that will eventually come, but I wouldnt put Saad as a power forward, he is a goal scoring forward with size.

But probably the kid that can really turn some heads is Seth Ambroz. This kid is very physical on the ice and has solid scoring ability as well. Dropped on a lot of lists due to him staying in the USHL, but I would imagine someone will take the 6'3 power forward in the top 50 and walk away with a hell of a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad