who are the top 10 forwards in the NHL?

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
Giroux's top 10. His 10 games he's played this year seem to of dropped him off a lot of lists which is quite hilarious. To the OP Duchene over Giroux is kind of funny, but hey! to each there own it's just an opinion.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Tavares hasn't yet demonstrated his God like abilities to this point. But people carry on as if he's accomplished way more in this league than he has. Tavares himself is less what people make him out to be and more on the Kessel level.
I agree. He's pretty overrated.

I disagree with Bozak. Kane mainly played with Toews during his last four years. On the other hand, Kessel is playing with Bozak who is simply not comparable. More so, having the likes of Hossa and Sharp around is certainly going to help his numbers. While I think Lupul is first line material, I don't think he's equivalent to either. JVR has potential ( as a #2 pick), but we'll see.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Crosby, Stamkos, Ovi, Datsyuk, Tavares, Malkin, Zetterberg, Toews, Kane(because of his Conn Smythe). After that its the bubble which has ppl like Kessel, Getzlaf, Duchene, a few others. Hard to pick.
While I don't agree with your assessment, I do feel that Zetterberg is underrated. He is a Selke-winning forward that can produce at a PPG pace. He's at least at the same level as Kessel or Staal.

wulfio*

wow you guys completely disregarding duchene like that have the blinders on big time. Watch the kid play. He's probably the most explosive player in the league right now.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
wow you guys completely disregarding duchene like that have the blinders on big time. Watch the kid play. He's probably the most explosive player in the league right now.
I said it in the past, I think he's going to be elite. He is a top flight two-way forward. Sort of like a Forsberg, but without the power forward element. I'm not sure if he is going to by bypassing Kessel just yet, though.

Mr Scarface*

Really amazed that none of you are mentioning Joe Thornton. He dominates the game in every area right now and has been doing that ever since.

Clearly one of the best players in the league. Top 10 caliber.

Sedin is not, Joe Thornton is.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
6 games? What are you talking about?

Edit: and Patrick Kane has outscored Kessel in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Where are you even getting your info?

While the Con Smythe is considered the playoff MVP it is preety much just given to the player on the winning team that has the best finals.
The finals were 6 games.

Including this season Kessel has more total points this season, the last 2 seasons, the last 3 seasons and/or the last four seasons.

hockeyfanz*

A Conn Smythe trophy is a big deal, I don't know what to tell you.

A Conn Smythe trophy is a huge deal. Many Leaf fans don't know what that is...what that means..because they usually turn off their TVs in April sometime.

hockeyfanz*

I agree. He's pretty overrated.

I disagree with Bozak. Kane mainly played with Toews during his last four years. On the other hand, Kessel is playing with Bozak who is simply not comparable. More so, having the likes of Hossa and Sharp around is certainly going to help his numbers. While I think Lupul is first line material, I don't think he's equivalent to either. JVR has potential ( as a #2 pick), but we'll see.

No..Bozak has special chemistry with Kessel and is the Center on one of the top lines in hockey. Bozak is fine and Kessel flourishes with the all important Tyler Bozak as his center. Don't you read the threads on how Bozie is an intergral part of the success of the Leafs? Geez.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Really amazed that none of you are mentioning Joe Thornton. He dominates the game in every area right now and has been doing that ever since.

Clearly one of the best players in the league. Top 10 caliber.

Sedin is not, Joe Thornton is.

What does Thornton do that Sedin doesnt? Im talking about Henrik here

Its close but I still take Sedin

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Pretty much in the fact that he's only 23, a centermen, and pretty much carries the entire Islanders team. Not to mention he's pretty much a PPG player who has had bottom feeder team surrounding him (shout out to moulson though)

The Isles have been rebuilding for years and have good pieces, depth and reclamation projects gelling together into a good club. Kind of like the Leafs. So Tavares hasn't done more than Kessel. I don't care if he's a center, 23 or whatever. What he may or may not do by 26 nobody can say but he hasn't done those things so everyone needs to stop slobbering on him.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Crosby
Stamkos
H. Sedin
Ovechkiin
Steen
Nielsen
Marleau
Kessel
MSL
Couture

My list is the correct one as of today.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I feel like this needs to be posted again so...

Kessel is 3rd with most points in the past 3 seasons yet some how he isn't a top 10 player(to a lot), In the past 4 seasons he's 7th on the list.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I feel like this needs to be posted again so...

Kessel is 3rd with most points in the past 3 seasons yet some how he isn't a top 10 player(to a lot), In the past 4 seasons he's 7th on the list.

He isn't a top 10 forward. He is around 15. Its a 200 feet game

As much as Kessel has improved defensively, he isn't up there with the games elites

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Only if you got hit by a rock and woke up on October 1st

Duchene has outplayed most on your list

Well that's what NHL.com says.

Best forwards in the NHL is not a combination of any previous years production it is the here and now. You want to make a new thread saying the best over the last 3 years that's a different story. But the best right now is pretty simple.

Of course I realize that point production is not the only criterion for judging a hockey player but for forwards, it is certainly the most important.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Kessel
Lupul
JVR
Kadri
Bozak
Clarkson
Kulemin
Raymond
Bolland
McLaren

HM : Mats Sundin

Easy.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Crosby
Stamkos
OVechkin
Malkin
Giroux
Tavares
Toews
Kane
Duchene
H.Sedin

Honorable mentions R.Nash Marty St Louis Phil Kessel Kopitar J.Benn Coutoure Perry Backstrom Neal

Im a leafs fan but id rather have any of those players on my team then Kessel, not by much for some of them, but i would.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
In terms of pure skill...

KESSEL IS TOP 10. And has done more than Tavarres. He is also better than Ovechkin without roids.

Mr Scarface*

What does Thornton do that Sedin doesnt? Im talking about Henrik here

Its close but I still take Sedin
I DEFINITELY would not.

Joe Thorton has beat Sedin in the playoffs and in the regular season, always. He is better than Sedin.

So: Wins faceoffs more, passes the puck better than sedin. Scores better in the playoffs. Fights better. Battles better physically and does everything better really. Leads the team better than sedin. This last one could even be the most important factor.

Thornton is much better than sedin. Much better. Would take him way before sedin in any team in the league if I had the chance to choose.

Joe does everything better than sedin. He always knocks him out in fact, in regular season and in the playoffs.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
People who think Tavares and Kane are over-rated are lol worthy.

Tavares plays with who? Vanek and???

Kane is one of the best two-way players. Especially for his size. His ability to get the puck back is just unreal.

MajorityRules*

no defence? Weber? Chara? Ranger? come one!

Title of the thread says "top 10 forwards". Thought that was obvious.

I'd like to see the argument some are using that makes Kane so much better than Kessel. Someone actually said he's an amazing 2-way player. I haven't seen it but sure lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad