03. AJ Thelen
04. Mike Green
05. Boris Valabik
06. Ladislav Smid
07. Johan Fransson
08. Wes O'Neill
09. Oscar Hedman
10. Jeff Schultz

Keep in mind that's it's only my opinion. I only have seen Barker, Meszaros and Valabik out of all these kids, but I've read a lot on them. That's my ranking, and if we were talking about upside, Meszaros would be #1 on my list. And I have this Lyamin kid ranked #11.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Morzov? You must mean Meszaros.

Barker
Thelen
Meszaros
Smid
Green
Schultz
Valabik
Fransson
Lyamin
O'Neill

Those are probably the top 10 consensus guys IMO.

Agreed, although I think a case could be made for Grant Lewis from Dartmouth.

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
why is valabik highly rated, it seems that guys who are just mean and like to chase hits would go lower. whats the big difference between him and last years big mean guy Nickerson?

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Am I alone in thinking that Mike Green is going to be one of the top 2 or 3 dmen taken? He's growing on me more and more. I think he is more complete than alot of the dmen in this year's draft. In terms of potential, I think he's right at the top. Roughly, my top 10 would be:

Barker
Meszaros
Thelen
Green
O'Neill
Smid
Schultz
Fransson
Lyamin
Valabik - although I'm not overly sold on him

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
1. Cameron Barker
2. A.J. Thelen
3. Andrej Meszaros
4. Mike Green
5. Ladislav Smid
6. Boris Valabik
7. Johan Fransson
8. Wes O'Neill
9. Kirill Lyamin
10. Oscar Hedman

degroat*

01. Cameron Barker
02. AJ Thelen
03. Mike Green
04. Andrej Meszaros
05. Ladislav Smid
06. Boris Valabik
07. Oscar Hedman
08. Johan Fransson
09. Wes O'Neill
10. Jeff Schultz

Prucha73

1. Barker
2. Meszaros
3. Thelen
4. Lyamin
5. Valabik
6. Green
7. Smid
8. Schultz
9. Fransson
10. O'Neill

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
1 Cameron Barker
2 Andrej Meszaros
3 A.J. Thelen
4 Mike Green
5 Ladislav Smid
6 Johan Fransson
7 Kirill Lyamin
8 Boris Valabik
9 Wes O'Neill
10 Jeff Schultz

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Just how I'd take them:
1. Barker
2. Thelen
3. Lepisto
4. Mezsaros
5. Green
6. Fransson
7. Valabik
8. Smid
9. Lyamin
10. Schultz

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
You guys do realize that Lepisto is around two years older than most of the rest of them? He isn't particular big?

There's certainly guys who appear to have much, much larger upsides. IMO anyways.

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
lace-em'-up said:
why is valabik highly rated, it seems that guys who are just mean and like to chase hits would go lower. whats the big difference between him and last years big mean guy Nickerson?

Cause you can teach a player willing to learn how to be a real player. But you cannot teach a player who is good to be 6'7". The minor leagues were invented for this reason. The only players who are guarenteed to play next year in the NHL are the russians and Barker.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Not how they will go in the draft but the order I would take them based on long term potential and who is going to have the biggest impact.

1. Barker
2. Meszaros
3. Thelen
4. Green
5. Valabik
6. Smid
7. Lewis
8. O'Neil
9. Schultz
10. Lyamin

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
Kritty said:
Am I alone in thinking that Mike Green is going to be one of the top 2 or 3 dmen taken? He's growing on me more and more. I think he is more complete than alot of the dmen in this year's draft. In terms of potential, I think he's right at the top.

I said at the start of the thread that I felt Mike Green's right-handed shot would make him one of the sexier picks in this draft. I made a brief point of discussing this on the Isles HFBoard. Right-handed defensemen are a valuable commodity in the NHL if they can score goals or even play the power-play. Examples of right-handed defensemen who would seem to benefit from that asset: Mike Van Ryn, Joe Corvo (He moved from Center to Defense and had a great year).

Van Ryn is a very obvious example... his right-handed shot has meant quite a bit for Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad