• E.Staal

• Karlsson

• Toews

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I can't possibly vote.

I chose 10 then realized I left out about 5 guys.

The problem with lists like this is the Top 10 could have 15 guys in it.

Reactions: Plural

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
When Aho puts up 70 points ONCE then maybe we can have a conversation about he being better than a center who's averaged 70 since he came into the league 10 years ago

Have come on. Gotta love these arbitrary cutoffs people put. He had 65 in less than a full year last season. This year he looks even better than before, more dominant and the team is better. Had he got 70 you'd say 80. He'll be close to PPG this year rather easily and is well on his way to being a top 10 C.

Crosby, Malkin, Bergeron, Kopitar are all getting older now and won't remain in the top 10. I don't think there are many centers I take over Aho after the McDavid, Mackinnon, Matthews, Eichel guys...

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
1. McDavid (Clearly on another level than rest)
2. Malkin (Has been more consistent recently, that's why over Crosby)
3. Crosby (nuf said)
4. Kopitar (Too often underrated, anyone realize he had 92 point season and 31 points more than 2nd best scorer on his team last season?)
5. MacKinnon (Huge leap from 15-20 range to top-5, after this season he might be as high as #2 need to see more of what he can do)
6. Barkov (Heart and sould of the Panthers, plays insane minutes and dominates both ends)
7. Kuznetsov (If he had a better defensive aspect to his game, would be higher. Insanely skilled offensively though)
8. Scheifele (he reminds me a lot of Crosby in many ways)
9. Bergeron (Selkes speak for him)
10. Tavares (don't have anything special to say about him)

Reactions: TychoFan

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
McDavid
Crosby
Malkin
Mackinnon
Matthews
Bergeron
Kopitar
Barkov
Kuznetsov
Seguin

Hm: Schief, Tavares, Backstrom, Getzlaf.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Aho should probably be up there. He can play center.

But I can see why he's not included.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Scoring goals isn't everything. There are a few players on this list that are better than Matthews on D and others are good playmakers (Getzlaf).

Matthews is not in my top 10 until this year ends. He's off to a hot start and is easily making the case for him to be top 5, but as of right now these are my rankings for the start of the year.

If you're gonna base your argument off of goals alone then I don't know what to tell you.
There is absolutely no way JT is better than matty. Like none.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Bergeron
Kopitar
Schifele
Barkov
Mcdavid
Malkin
Crosby
Matthews
Mack
Kuznetsov

Kopitar, Getzlaf are border and very close to tavares, Stamkos, Backstrom. But I gave them the edge

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Choose 10. will keep open to allow votes to be changed as the season goes on

the poll of the top 10 guys last year ended as this

1. Sidney Crosby
  2. Connor McDavid
  3. Evgeny Malkin
  4. John Tavares
  5. Patrice Bergeron
  6. Steven Stamkos
  7. Anze Kopitar
  8. Nathan MacKinnon
  9. Mark Scheifele
  10. Auston Matthews

*I'm not including Giroux, as he no longer primarily plays C

Crosby Ahead of McDavid last year? Lmao

Reactions: Future GOAT

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Interesting.

Matthews has 3 more goals than Barkov's entire ****ing team combined yet Barkov eh?

It’s only been a few games, he had a very solid start last year and then got injured and came back to earth. On his list id take Getzlaf off for Matthews tho. He’s a top10 C for sure now

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It’s only been a few games, he had a very solid start last year and then got injured and came back to earth. On his list id take Getzlaf off for Matthews tho. He’s a top10 C for sure now
obviously Matthews will come down to earth a bit this year, since his start will be impossible to sustain. However he fell off last year mostly because of injury, as well as shitty powerplay luck. For instance, it took him over 60 games to get 3 powerplay goals last year, and he already has 4 in 6 games this year. As long as he stays healthy as well, he should have a much better finish to this season

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
obviously Matthews will come down to earth a bit this year, since his start will be impossible to sustain. However he fell off last year mostly because of injury, as well as ****ty powerplay luck. For instance, it took him over 60 games to get 3 powerplay goals last year, and he already has 4 in 6 games this year. As long as he stays healthy as well, he should have a much better finish to this season

I really hope he does, would be great to see his #s compaired to McDavid. Agreed with your response though

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
How does Kopitar have less votes than Bergeron? Just baffles my mind how some still think Bergerons better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad