Who are the rookie of the year candidates in the AHL this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I (homeristicly) second the mention of Chris Kunitz for Cincy.
2nd in rookie scoring and just starting to really heat up, since the beginning of December he has been in on 42% percent of the Baby Ducks offense. If he continues on this trend, he could be a serious candidate.
Leads Cincy in scoring and is second on the team in shots.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
stafford definitely - far surpassing his college abilities at the moment, as well as be a no name FA signing

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ron Hainsey said:
For Montreal, Jozef Balej has been dominating the AHL so far this season, after having a poor season last year (his first).
Tomas Plekanec is also doing well, that's why he has been called up and is currently playing with the Montreal Canadiens.

That' great and all but this is a "rookie of the year" thread. Balej has been in the AHL for 3 seasons now. Doesn't quite count as a rookie does he? I am pretty sure that Plekanec is in his second year with Hamilton so that nixes that possibility as well.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I say Lehtonen, he has been playing exellent.... I thought it would take him longer to get used to the north american ice, and maybe he hasn't got fully used to it yet, ehich means he might be playing even better by the end of the season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
espion said:
That' great and all but this is a "rookie of the year" thread. Balej has been in the AHL for 3 seasons now. Doesn't quite count as a rookie does he? I am pretty sure that Plekanec is in his second year with Hamilton so that nixes that possibility as well.

This is Balej's 2nd year in the AHL, he played as an overager in Portland. But he and Plekanec are not rookies.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Doug Lynch. 21 points in 34 games this year puts him second in rookie scoring for d-man and 7th in the league. Not bad for a 20 yr old rookie. Hell he's 3rd in scoring on a crappy Toronto team and looks like he may pass Rita soon for 2nd place on the team in scoring.

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
Blue Bullet said:
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Doug Lynch. 21 points in 34 games this year puts him second in rookie scoring for d-man and 7th in the league. Not bad for a 20 yr old rookie. Hell he's 3rd in scoring on a crappy Toronto team and looks like he may pass Rita soon for 2nd place on the team in scoring.

I agree with you. I can't believe nobody has mentioned Lynch, I think he is a serious contender for rookie of the year. He has been putting up very good numbers for a poor team.

But then again everybody is just picking their favorite prospect, or a prospect from their favorite team. And that is exactly what I'm doing here too.

Realistically I think it will be between Lynch and Perezhogin. That is if neither of them is called up. Third on my list would be Lehtonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad