Speculation: who are the next players headed to the NHL?

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Just wanted to ask those of you who are more knowledgeable, who you know of that is headed to the NHL, who might be headed there or who you think is going there next?

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Panarin could try. Tikhonov as well.

Buchnevich is probably a lock to go next year.

Kamenev might also leave.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Hopefully both Tikhonov and Panarin give it a try. The latter will probably face more difficulty.

Maybe Da Costa gives it another try with a team not named Ottawa?

Also, Sobotka.

seeep

Mar 13, 2011
VladimÃr sobotka
contract 16/17

vladislav kamenev
contract 15/16

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Tikhonov, I'm familiar with, as well as any of the guys who have stepped on an NHL surface before. Wonder what the chances of Tikhonov heading back are. He's still property of the Coyotes right?
Think Panarin went undrafted so there will be some teams engaging him if he chooses to make the jump.
Any star power guys that might give it a shot?

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
VladimÃr sobotka
contract 16/17

vladislav kamenev
contract 15/16

Sobotka has an NHL clause after every season. That means he could leave and even play in the NHL this season after the KHL season.

Last edited:

E1ement

Jan 17, 2012
Sobotka has an NHL clause after every season. That means he could leave and even play in the NHL this season after the KHL season.

Didn't league say that he should play for Blues if he decides to return? If i was him, i won't ever do that.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Didn't league say that he should play for Blues if he decides to return? If i was him, i won't ever do that.

Yes, the Blues holds his rights, and it's pretty unlikely he'll go over this season. Probably next though.

Also, I checked, and Viktor Tikhonov will be a UFA if he chooses to return to the NHL.

where is this info coming from ?
The internet, seek and you shall find.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Just wanted to ask those of you who are more knowledgeable, who you know of that is headed to the NHL, who might be headed there or who you think is going there next?

The drafted ones:sarcasm:

It's all too obvious.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
To everybody. KHL contracts are no NHL contracts. The length of the contract is irrelevant in the KHL because tehy are eaisly terminated or bought out.

So basiaclly a drafted young player who feels the urge will go over. For most guys on this level(already KHL regulars) I don't see it as aproblem for their development too, so it's up to them and the respective NHL frachises.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
"Russian factor" bingo: smallish frame, KHL contract and no NT appearances during the draft year.

He scored 2 goals in that 5-3 comeback miracle finals against Canada, rememeber? He's a 1991 like Tarasenko. So that's definitely not true.

I also think his KHL contract was not an issue.

It was all his size.

Even if we talk about the russian factor. Justin Azevedo has led the OHL in scoring once. Got drafted in the 6th round.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
He scored 2 goals in that 5-3 comeback miracle finals against Canada, rememeber? He's a 1991 like Tarasenko. So that's definitely not true.
His draft year was 2010, the Taylor/Tyler class. The World Juniors in Buffalo were in 2011, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov were already drafted by that time. Ofc I remember that championship, come on. It's like the Summit Series kind of memory for the latest generation of Russian fans.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He was drafted as an overage, his earlier seasons weren't all that remarkable.

I'm also not suggesting he should have been drafted in the top 10. It's just he was never a total scrub, but a 170cm tall player just has to deal with that perception by GMs. Regardless of the nationality.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Why Malykhin struggling in points department? Has he been hurt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad