Who are the new Caps/OV?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Winnipeg, because Laine plays like Ovi and Wheeler is the same age as Ovi and is captain, like Ovi is.

But out of those three probably San Jose.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Thornton and the Sharks we're chokers long before OV and the caps were.

Those Sharks kept winning president trophies or close but ran into prime Datsyuk/Zett/Lidstrom era DRW prime Sedin era Nucks and prime near dynasty Hawks plus Kings and just couldn't get over the hump.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I don't like TB with this label they don't dominate the regular season the way the Sharks and Capitals did for long periods of time. My guess is the Leafs step into this title.

Usually softish teams with great scoring that aren't built for "playoff hockey" get the choker title. The Jets on the other hand have a better playoff roster.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Agreed, but I guess you could have labeled him as a star player only a few years ago.

I guess Getzlaf/Ducks can somewhat be placed on this list, although Getzlaf isn't/wasn't the only prominent "star" on the team.
Getzlaf has a cup.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I don't like TB with this label they don't dominate the regular season the way the Sharks and Capitals did for long periods of time. My guess is the Leafs step into this title.

Tampa having a championship 14 years ago also makes it hard for me to consider them tortured. Same for the Ducks, if they didn't win in 07 their losses this decade would make them Sharks Caps level but it's not the same

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Probably a little off topic, but Lu and Florida would be a treat to watch win a cup. Obviously, SJ first a foremost, but I really think seeing Lu lift the cup up would be one of my favorite hockey moments of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad