Who are the most NHL ready prospects?

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Starz said:
Perttu Lindgren too, maybe

I doubt that. His is skilled enough and tough mentally, but needs to get some more meat around his bones. He'll be ready to step in next year.

avs_19*

Wolski, is he still considered a prospect?

Also Boychuk might be ready to go

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Latendresse (even though he may end up back in the Q),
luc Bourdon is my early pick for ROY,
Brule could be the highest scoring rookie if he stays healthy

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Latendresse (even though he may end up back in the Q),
luc Bourdon is my early pick for ROY,
Brule could be the highest scoring rookie if he stays healthy

shelley1142

Fire Howson!
Mar 18, 2006
Sarasota, Fl
For the CBJ:

Brule is not only ready but he is expected to be a big time contributor.

GMDM has said that Alexandre Picard and Derek Brassard will have a chance to make the team out of camp.

Danny Fritsche is basically guaranteed a 3rd line spot since Letowski isn't being resigned.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The ISLES:

Sure Fire: Sean Bergenheim

Possibilities: Bruno Gervais, Robert Nillson, Petteri Nokelainen (if healthy), Grebeshkov, Jeff Tambellini and maybe, just maybe Jeremy Colliton.

Training camp will determine the aforementioned respective fates...

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I would be very suprised if Nilsson didn't make the cut. At the end of the year his play ranged from adequate to down-right dangerous. Adds scoring, esp. on the PP for the Isles.

If Nokelainen is healthy he should play on a reg line for Ted Nolan.

Tambellini has shown he can stick with the big boys, but I wouldn't be taken back if he landed in Bridgeport at the start of the season and bounced back to the Island early in the year.

If the Isles don't sign any high-end defenseman I imagine Grebeshkov will suit up as well.

Through the year, I can see Gervais seeing time with the Isles, but spending most of the time as a Sound Tiger. O'Marra will be in Bridgeport, but I can see him making his NHL debut by the end of the year. Not to stay, just to see time.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Kessel is ready. He'll be signed this summer, play next year on a line with Bergeron, Sturm or Boyes and be among the Calder finalists. Can't wait for him to score his many goals against the Habs! :D

newhavenbeast

Oct 24, 2005
ct/ma
MeffyuhTJRest said:
NJ
Niklas Bergfors (possibly)

NYR
Marc Staal
Jarko Immonen

Agreed. If he gets a chance, Immonen is gonna turn some heads. I'm not even a rangers fan, but I look foward to watching him this year.

Jacky Robert

Aug 17, 2005
Chestnut Hill, MA
Jean_Jacket41 said:
Kessel is ready. He'll be signed this summer, play next year on a line with Bergeron, Sturm or Boyes and be among the Calder finalists. Can't wait for him to score his many goals against the Habs! :D

Whether he's ready or not, he's leaving school and signing with Boston this summer. My guess he starts in Providence and gets called up during the year. The kid has maturity issues to deal with.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I would be very suprised if Nilsson didn't make the cut. At the end of the year his play ranged from adequate to down-right dangerous. Adds scoring, esp. on the PP for the Isles.

If Nokelainen is healthy he should play on a reg line for Ted Nolan.

Tambellini has shown he can stick with the big boys, but I wouldn't be taken back if he landed in Bridgeport at the start of the season and bounced back to the Island early in the year.

If the Isles don't sign any high-end defenseman I imagine Grebeshkov will suit up as well.

Through the year, I can see Gervais seeing time with the Isles, but spending most of the time as a Sound Tiger. O'Marra will be in Bridgeport, but I can see him making his NHL debut by the end of the year. Not to stay, just to see time.

Nillson is my fav Isles prospect but he didn't stand out to me as much as you claim. Though he does have the potential to be very crafty, ellusive and dangerous with his playmaking; He has great lateral mobility not to mention. But I just think he needs more seasoning down in Bridge. He has to work on his upper and lower body strength in order to really excel at the NHL level--when he is caught, he gets knocked off the puck rather gingerly. Thus he should use the AHL for such. In a year I'd agree with you...but you never know how training camp pans out.

Nokie is coming back from a major in injury/surgery. He has ONLY played 12 games or so at the NHL level. One would surmise he needs some seasoning down in Bridge. Put him in the role Colliton was this past year...a call up...

Tambs does nothing for me on the 3rd and 4th lines. Let him light up the AHL for a year, gain more confidence in that shot of his and address his lack of strength issues; we'll talk next year. The last stretch there he really looked like he second guessed his shot, suggests he lacks confidence, eventually played the season out on the 4th line where to me he is a defensive liability. I could see him as a call up...

Even if the Isles sign a mid-tier d man (most likely) Gervais and Grebs will both be battling eachother for a roster spot. Grebs is coming close to the end of his AHL career, thus he better put up or shut up!

bigjags*

I think Wolski is very much still a top rated prospect. He had an amazing year in the OHL last season. I don't see why he won't make the Avs this season. Esp since Tanguay is gone to Calgary.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
A few dark horses yet to be mentioned.....

MA PouliotEdm will have a good chance to crack the Oil lineup.
C Barker in Chi
L Eriksson Dal
L Tukonen LA

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
MA Pouliot and Ladislav Smid are pretty much set to make the Oilers next season.

Rob Schremp - with Lupul in the fold, they is no room in the top 6 for Schremp, and he will likely start in the AHL then getting 4th line minutes in the NHL, unless he performs out of this world in training camp.

J.F. Jacques - will try to make the team, another year in the AHL will only help, then getting 4th line minutes.

Alexei Mikhnov - a big wild card

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For the Penguins, Welch is already better than every Pens Dman except Gonchar and Whitney (and Eaton now). He's better than Orpik, Melichar, etc...
Stone is a good bet, he's had a complete season in WB last year.
Another guy who flies under the radar is Matt Moulson. OK, he hasn't played pro hockey at all yet, but call me crazy, I have a feeling he's going to stick with the Pens in camp and do some damage next season.
Filewich and Lannon aren't very far I'd say.
Carcillo is as ready as they come for the agitator role, but I'm not sure the Pens are willing to give him a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad