Who are the most NHL ready prospects?

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
DoobieDoobieDo said:
O'Sullivan with the Kings. See him with Frolov...Ouch
Kopitar is NHL ready too. Although they might start him off in Manchester but almost everyone who saw him in training camp last year thought he was ready and that was a year ago so he has improved since then. I don't think he will spend any time in the minors.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Mike Green. He should of been with the big club all year, but cost wise they kept him down in the AHL. While he still has to grow a bit physically, he will be in the NHL most of the year as far as it looks right now.

Tomas Fleischmann might also be pretty close in Washington. But a lot will depend on how his camp goes.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
For Washington: Mike Green is a lock, Fleischmann is likely.

Backstrom is by all accounts ready, but it's not certain that he'll actually join the Caps yet. It's been stated that it's the Elitserien or NHL, with very little chance he'd be going to the AHL.

With a strong playoffs for Hershey, 24-year-old stay at home D Jakub Cutta could make the jump. A strong summer prospect camp could weigh heavily, though much depends on whether or not the Caps are active in free agency.

That could be it for the Caps. Boyd Gordon and Dave Steckel are NHL ready, but it is unclear if there is a roster spot open for a checker. If so, one of them probably gets a roster spot. Both are ready.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Baring something completely unforseen, Gilbert Brule will have Rick Nash and David Vyborny as his wingers. So, he's not only ready, but he's probably going to produce too.

Maverick

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Fehr?

Is Eric Fehr ready after his season in the AHL? Or will he still need another year of seasoning before he's ready to step in for Washington?

And in response to someone's previous post, Matt Carle is definitely ready for full-time duty. He showed a lot of skill in the handful of games I saw him play in at the end of this past season. I think he'll be an asset on the SJ powerplay for a long time.

Cheers!

-Mav

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
I would think Fehr will at least get a look in Washington, it's not like they have tons of depth that would keep him out of the lineup.

Safir*

I think that Alex Bourret is NHL ready, Jordan LaVallee will get a strong lock at prospect camp and in training camp plus Bryan Little might just made the big club.

C-A-P-S

Apr 7, 2004
Washington, DC
Maverick said:
Is Eric Fehr ready after his season in the AHL? Or will he still need another year of seasoning before he's ready to step in for Washington?

I think if he has a strong camp he could make it, but I think it is more likely that he will spend the majority of the season in Hershey and then move up and down between clubs during the season.

I think he will have an even better season than he did last year. He appeared fatigued over the course of the season.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Luc Bourdon better be. All signs from the Canucks suggest that he will be a regular in their top-six next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->