Who are some of your favorite grinders in today's game?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Josh Anderson
Scotty Upshall
Vladdy Sobotka
Andrew shaw
Antoine roussel
tom wilson
jay beagle

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bellemare in International games. He really elevates his play. He was pretty bad with the Flyers though. Lots of heart but statistically one of the worst forwards in the league. Being saddled with Chris VandeVelde probably didn't help. Wish him the best in Vegas.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Without making a list of star grinders a la Bergeron/Toews/Crosby/Kesler:

Martin Hanzal-Casey Cizikas-Micheal Ferland
Paul Byron-Matt Cullen-Garnet Hathaway

I think I just made the most awesome bottom six in the league. Though I feel like it needs a few Columbus Blue Jackets in the mix.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We would need to define grinder first. Teams no longer have dedicated grind lines, just 3 or 4 scoring lines, and many of the guys with the best grinding abilities are also great scorers.

So I would ask, who are the best players in board battles?

Without making a list of star grinders a la Bergeron/Toews/Crosby/Kesler:

Martin Hanzal-Casey Cizikas-Micheal Ferland
Paul Byron-Matt Cullen-Garnet Hathaway

I think I just made the most awesome bottom six in the league. Though I feel like it needs a few Columbus Blue Jackets in the mix.

Boone Jenner is the best on the wall, along with Anderson. Those two are two of the best in the whole league. Foligno and Dubinsky are still good but maybe a bit after their peak.

Folks know all that. A little more surprising is how much of a pain Cam Atkinson is on the wall - he goes full speed in, hits low, and forks guys off pucks. That might be changing a bit if he's getting a skilled player mentality. Lukas Sedlak is kind of a beast too, and he loves a good battle.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Pageau
Smith
Thompson
Burrows
Pyatt

SWEEET my Senators have a bunch of the best grinders!!! Now I just need to figure out if thats a good thing or a bad thing..... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->