Who are some of your favorite grinders in today's game?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Pageau, he is an elite 3rd line centre with skills, but very much plays a grinding game - despite his size - on both ends of the ice.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not gonna reply to everyone. On the internet, saying "good to know" seems pretty sarcastic

shining_friendship.jpg

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I definitely miss Lappy's punchable face around the league. He was probably still more of a "pest" than a "grinder" if we want to get really technical though.

I like to think he was a grinder because he grinded on the fourth line and scored what, 5-8 goals a year? The pest part was just a little extra he gave you :laugh:.

I wouldn't say Lapierre or Prust were ever great players. Guys like Jesper Fast, Marcus Kruger, Dmitri Jaskin, Bryan Rust, are more conventional and useful grinders.

Also, if he counts, Andrew Shaw is a beauty.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nate Thompson for sure. Really gonna miss him this year, and I have no idea why the Ducks didn't bring him back.

Good to know

Wtf is your problem?

Huh? No problem. Thompson just signed with Ottawa, so a Sens fan would want to know. Wtf is your problem? ;) :cheers:

a poster was actually being decent then this guy loses it. Hahah

Not gonna reply to everyone. On the internet, saying "good to know" seems pretty sarcastic

I apologize for not being more verbose.
Dear Los Patos de Anaheim;

As Nate Thompson was very recently acquired as a free agent by the Ottawa Senators, a team I am a fan of, I am very happy to hear news about him which may indicate that he will be a good player for the team I cheer for.

Wishing you well with your anger management and sensitivity classes ,

SoA

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
i was a big fan of Derek Dorsett when he was on the rangers... but for now ill say Brian Boyle... rangers fans loved him, Tampa fans loved him and from his short stint in Canada TML fans seemed to appreciate his service..im sure devils fans will not be disappointed either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad