Who are some of the potential re-entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For the Habs, they have 2, Michael Lambert and Andre Deveaux. I think Lambert gets signed for sure, but Deveaux I'm not sure. I hope he's signed though.

Don't know who else from the '02 draft will reenter.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
I doubt Deveaux would want to re-enter the draft but if the Habs don't sign him it could happen.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
I think the Kings have Rome a d-man down in Juniors. Thats about it although they do have some college kids that need to be signed or they become UFA (Steckel, Hogeboom, and Marsters).

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
This is a guess from memory, but the following players have to be signed by the Caps or they will re-enter the draft:

Patrick Wellar
Derek Krestanovich
Rob Gherson
Maxime Daigneault
Jonas Johansson
Tomas Fleischmann

From what I've seen and heard from the Caps' board and other places, plus my speculation, I'd guess that Daigneault, Johansson and Fleischmann will get signed. A credible poster has said that they think Wellar will not be signed.

Those are the notables, IMHO.

Not sure about Jakub Klepis' status.

leafaholix*

Toronto...

Todd Ford - Unlikely to get a deal.
Dominic D'Amour - Will get a deal.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Maxime Talbot is a guy who could go much higher if he re-enters. He was an 8th round pick I believe for the Pens, but after scoring over two points a game the last two years, and arguably being the best captain in junior hockey right now, plus his WJC play, he could ask for a lot of money. Furthermore, considering how much depth the Pens have prospect-wise, he may just want to re-enter. He could be one of the more high-profile re-entries.

For the Senators, Scott Dobben would be a free agent if not signed, but he's had a strong year, so he'll probably get a contract.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Marshall said:
This is a guess from memory, but the following players have to be signed by the Caps or they will re-enter the draft:

Patrick Wellar
Derek Krestanovich
Rob Gherson
Maxime Daigneault
Jonas Johansson
Tomas Fleischmann

From what I've seen and heard from the Caps' board and other places, plus my speculation, I'd guess that Daigneault, Johansson and Fleischmann will get signed. A credible poster has said that they think Wellar will not be signed.

Gherson is worth a pick to someone... but in our goalie stocked system, he's not worth it to us. Nor would he probably want to sign.

I'd like to see Wellar signed, but doubt it'll occur. Maybe in another couple of years, he'll develop more.

Johannson, I wouldnt' be shocked to get passed on.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Marshall said:

Patrick Wellar
Derek Krestanovich
Rob Gherson
Maxime Daigneault
Jonas Johansson
Tomas Fleischmann

Klepis would have to be drafted I would think. THe reason is that he was drafted out of the WHL. He went back to Europe, but that's not the determinant. I very well could be wrong about this, but I think he's treated like a CHL prospect even if he doesnt play there anymore.

SwOOsh*

Marshall said:

Patrick Wellar
Derek Krestanovich
Rob Gherson
Maxime Daigneault
Jonas Johansson
Tomas Fleischmann

I totally agree. I think that Daigneault, Johansson. and Fleischmann will be signed 100% for different reasons, not all just based on skill. Gherson seems like he won't receive a deal. Krestanovich doesn't seem likely to receive a deal either (didn't he have a very good training camp for Washington this season? if that was him I guess their would be a 50/50 chance of them signing him). Wellar is interesting and like you said a well respected poster (battleship) said that it was unlikely that he was going to get signed unless he had a good playoffs. So my only question to people that have seen him in the playoffs, how has he looked?

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
Hossa said:
Maxime Talbot is a guy who could go much higher if he re-enters. He was an 8th round pick I believe for the Pens, but after scoring over two points a game the last two years, and arguably being the best captain in junior hockey right now, plus his WJC play, he could ask for a lot of money. Furthermore, considering how much depth the Pens have prospect-wise, he may just want to re-enter. He could be one of the more high-profile re-entries.

For the Senators, Scott Dobben would be a free agent if not signed, but he's had a strong year, so he'll probably get a contract.

Recently in a local Pittsburgh paper article about him, it said near the bottom that he thought Pittsburgh was a good opportunity for him to make a name for himself in the league quickly. I hope that he signs.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JDB3939 said:
Recently in a local Pittsburgh paper article about him, it said near the bottom that he thought Pittsburgh was a good opportunity for him to make a name for himself in the league quickly. I hope that he signs.

The only problem i could for see is Talbot asking for 2nd round money.

And Pitt just not being able to give that kind of salary to a 20 year old.

You will have the same Problem with Steve Dixon.

These late rounds picks end up being better than when they were drafted so they want more money.

Boston gave their 2002 8th rd pick Milan Jurcina 800,000 a year, which is pretty much 2nd rd money.

X-SHARKIE

Jesse Lane is a player i've been very impressed with in the USHL this season. He was a high draft pick I believe..... He doesnt seem to be signing with the Hurricanes....could just take the free agent route....could be drafted as well I believe.

I also dont see Talbot leaving Pittsburgh....They'll devolope him well, and thats the perfect situation for him. Alot of the players were throwing names out there about should be signed. Expecially the list of Caps prospects. No way do they re enter or not get signed.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Lane is a baby.

He was drafted in 2002 but the baby wanted to sign in summer 2003.

He gave Carolina an ultimatum, either you sign me or ill leave the CHL.

Well Rutherford pretty much said "screw you" lol

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Penguins players that need to be signed.
69- Erik Christensen- Depends on what he asked. Last year he wanted more money than Patrick was willing to give, this year his play dropped quite a bit. Good chance he'll re-enter.
234- Maxime Talbot- He fits the system too well, he'll be signed. I'd be a beyond pissed if he doesn't. If it comes to a choice between Christensen and Talbot there's little to no doubt that Talbot would be the one signed.
265- Dwight LaBrosse- Yeah, right, the guy is already playing in some beer league. He won't be signed but he won't re-enter.

Cam Paddock signed before the start of the season but returned to Kelowna after only one game in WBS. He can't re-enter the draft.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think the flames have anyone who is a re-entry?

they only drafted one CHLer in 2002 and that was Lombardi, a re-entry guy.

the rest were all collegians (and I don't think any are seniors) or europeans, except for van dergulik who was in the BCHL but now in NCAA

thestonedkoala

Barry Brust could reenter the draft but I don't know how much higher he would be picked.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Avalanche 26 said:
I heard something about Derek Meech in Detroit. If he doesn't get signed I would like to see the Flames get him.
Meech will be signed.. holland and the wing organization isnt that stupid to let a great defenemen like that walk away, besides, with kronwall out of the prospect field almost, he's probably our best defensive prospect

lmthaete

Jun 21, 2004
Midwest
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Penguins players that need to be signed.
69- Erik Christensen- Depends on what he asked. Last year he wanted more money than Patrick was willing to give, this year his play dropped quite a bit. Good chance he'll re-enter.
234- Maxime Talbot- He fits the system too well, he'll be signed. I'd be a beyond pissed if he doesn't. If it comes to a choice between Christensen and Talbot there's little to no doubt that Talbot would be the one signed.
265- Dwight LaBrosse- Yeah, right, the guy is already playing in some beer league. He won't be signed but he won't re-enter.

Cam Paddock signed before the start of the season but returned to Kelowna after only one game in WBS. He can't re-enter the draft.

In regards to the comment made about Dwight LaBrosse... you might want to do some research next time before you post a comment like that... I'd hardly call the USHL "some beer league." It's the top Junior league in the US. And Dwight has put out some awesome numbers during the regular season this year.
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=187375&seasonid=258

Unfortunately, the Penguins have so many developing goalies... hopefully he will get picked up by a different team later this summer. He deserves a shot and will be a UFA after July 1st.

Kingsfan222

Jun 23, 2004
I was wondering if there is an official list of all the players that are re-entering the draft on any website. So far I haven't found one. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->