Who are some good potential General Manager candidates out there?

Scarbarian*

Just as the question asks. Can anyone name few GM's in the waiting that may be able to sparkle a light in a team like the Leafs. The reason why I ask this is simply because most Leafs fans aware that Nonis is pretty much done for better.

So I was curious to see if anyone can she'd some light on this topic.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Jay Feaster doesn't get enough credit around here, but I think he'd be better as maybe some sort of associate GM

Gillis came to mind too, to complete the cycle but also he's a solid option

Aceonfire*

I think Howson wouldn't be that bad. He built a decent team in Columbus.

I am sure he would love to bail on the Oilers.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Already mentioned but Feaster should get another look. He actually got a lot of things right in Calgary.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It wouldn't surprise me if someone targets Martin Madden. He has been the Ducks head of scouting since 2008 and has been a beast. It wouldn't blow me away if someone does what Buffalo did with Tim Murray.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Futa. He got a lot of interviews for GM roles. I would say feaster, but I feel more than anything Todd Button, director of amateur scouting for the Flames, is more responsible for the great group of young Flames players than Jay Feaster.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
In terms of people without previous NHL head GM experience, Joe Will (assistant GM for San Jose) is my favorite.
In terms of currently unemployed general managers, McPhee and Gillis are both viable candidates.

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Hunter will be GM, Dubus will be assistant and they will hire someone with cap and trade negotiating experience as the vice-president of hockey operations, heck they might even keep Nonis and change his job title

I find it hard to believe that they will bring in someone new to run the show

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ray Shero should warrant consideration for GM vacancies.

Yea, maybe if the team is already stocked with top draft picks and some of the best players in the world.

Gillis would be a good choice. He's a former PA so he knows how to negotiate well and built really good teams in Vancouver. GMGM and Futa would also both be good, especially with scouting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->