Who are most improves since being drafted in 05?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
There are allot of talk about Johan Ryno in Sweden. Haven't seen much about him, but he do have potential, and if he can fullfill it, the ****ing redwings have done it again...

off course we have:yo:

jacketracket*

Will Lascek make it to the NHL? What little I've read about him suggests that his skating is pretty weak.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
For the Flames, Dan Ryder. The guy has it all. Very strong well rounded player. May not have the shot his brother does but the rest of his game appears to be better overall than his big brother.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Probably Lindren, he would have gone in the top 15 if the draft was re-done. On the habs front, the 2005 draft seems like a hit so far, with M.Aubin dominating the Q, Latendresse almost making the team off the bat, D'agostini looking like a Chris Higgins clone, Juraj Mikus coming over to NA and Kostitsyn showing a lot of promise in London. I'm very satisfied.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Two homer picks, but Kris Russell and Darren Helm.

Helm wasn't even on the radar when the Wings drafted him in the 6th round and then went and put up over 70 some points. He also has a good chance to make the WJ team.

Russell was drafted in the 3rd round by the Blue Jackets and won the WHL defenseman of the year as well as the WHL and CHL sportsman of the year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What about 7th rounder Ryan Russell?

Identical twin to Kris and posesses nearly as much talent but somehow got overlooked. The kid absolutely tore up the WHL and apparantly has looked fantastic at the Rangers rookie camp and prospect tourny.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico

Identical twin to Kris and posesses nearly as much talent but somehow got overlooked. The kid absolutely tore up the WHL and apparantly has looked fantastic at the Rangers rookie camp and prospect tourny.

Personally, I'm not as high on Ryan as I am on Kris. I don't think he possesses nearly as much talent as his brother and takes too many shifts off.
Sure he can make the increadible plays, but at the same time he doesn't work as hard to get them.

Just my 2 cents.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Two homer picks, but Kris Russell and Darren Helm.

Helm wasn't even on the radar when the Wings drafted him in the 6th round and then went and put up over 70 some points. He also has a good chance to make the WJ team.

I dont think he has a good shot at Team Canada, but he was at the summer camp...

Helm looked like a capable player, but not one that stood out at the camp. He'll need to continue to improve at his pace to make the team.

In regards to other posters saying Cody Franson is a "shoe in for team Canada" or as well has "a good chance to make team Canada", I dont think he has a hope in h-e-double hockey sticks to make team canada. 5 returning defencemen (assuming guys like bourdon and staal dont make their NHL clubs) and guys like Vlasic, Gragani and McNeill blowing him out of the water at the summer camp. Franson to me looked brutal at the camp, but I guess everyone has there own opinions.

As for the topic, Id say Pertu Lindgren has risen his stock the most.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

That would be my pick...right behind Brandon Dubinsky. Dubinsky's development has been amazing. Brodie Dupont and Tom Pyatt deserve a mention as well.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I think Steve Downie has improved his stock, putting up impressive numbers in the OHL, in limited games played, argubaly Canada's best forward at the WJC's aswell. He has a very impressive blend of agitating ability and offensive skill. He has an outside shot at the Flyers roster this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad