Who and when is the next Rocket Richard winner not named Ovechkin?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I think Ovechkin will be in the mix for the next 3-5 years. It will be a roll of the dice if he comes out on top and how many times.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's obviously Patrik Laine. I was told he was going to be scoring 60 and 70 goals as early as this past season. Who can compete with that?

lol, "wait till he's 20"

but in all honesty, Crosby wouldn't surprise me - he has as many or more rockets as anyone not named Ovechkin in this thread and the only person in the last 7 years to de-throne Ovy.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
You must be really beat up with what Kucherov did this year if that's how you think.
Yeah, not a fan of Kucherov. It's like Jordan Martinook winning it next year. Or Tyler Bertuzzi. Or Christian Dvorak. Or Kevin Stenlund. Or Taylor Raddysh. Or Joni Ikonen.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Is this real? You do know that Brett Hull for example went 117th overall, right?
Yeah but that's just because he was a midget when he was drafted. He still had the name recognition and everybody knew his father led the League in goals 7 time. Brett was never a no name jobber like some of the other guys drafted outside the 2nd round.

Reactions: Bronson

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
lol, "wait till he's 20"

but in all honesty, Crosby wouldn't surprise me - he has as many or more rockets as anyone not named Ovechkin in this thread and the only person in the last 7 years to de-throne Ovy.

Crosby tends to shoot more when he feels like he's the best goal scoring option on his line. The two years he won the Rocket he had an injured Kunitz and an old, over the hill Guerin on his line (2010), and then Hornqvist and Sheary on his line (2017).

He's got a 40-goal Guentzel on his line, so he shoots less (as witnessed by his lowest shots on goal total in forever this year). So chances are next year will be similar, where he'll be in playmaker mode because of Guentzel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad