Who am I & what do I see?

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Well I'm just a guy who has played hockey up until Midget, a Montreal fan who watches all Montreal games and a modest amount of any games, highlights. Not a stat guro but beleive in some stats.

What do I see from our dearest Canadiens?
I saw a team last year with glaring holes on defense(we missed Hamrlik IMO) finding ways to lose and no real offense aside from the obvious top line. This team lack balanced overall but more so on defense. No real leadership from management.

Fast forward to this year, with management taking on a new look, a few new face with Gionta healty with Markov but no PK. Like last year, will we hardly touch the puck or made any real offensive chances. We played from the blue line down to our goalie line. I wonder how much snow the Zamboni cleaned up in the Ozone...couldn't have neen that much.

The first game was a scary carbine copy of last year. No real consistantce, late game rush trying to catch up. No real PP threat even our only goal was on the PP but that was the type of goal you score on ES.

Let me finish by asking all of you a few Question with my anwsers:

What to do with Markov?
A more limited Defensive role but key for our PP but still in the top 4

What to do with Plekanec?
It's time IMO, trade him. I like Plekanec but it's about making this team more balanced. Who you trade him for or what package?

Where you see us in the ranking?
I see us between 10 and 15

Would you rather a trade first to improve the forward position or Defense?
Our Defense but a close second to our center. IMO, you will not win many games with this core. Diaz, Weber are like twins..ok not to that extant. Emelin is still very raw with little upside but it's not on right side. Kaberle is ok but brings that same type game has Markov. Bouillon is a decent bottum pairing D but he doesn't have size just like everyone on this defense. I was hoping Tinordi could have stayed but I think it's a contract thing. We need more balance, a signed PK.

Pick 2 or 3 of Diaz, Weber, Kaberle, Yemelin, Bouillon for you top 7 but no more?
Emelin-Diaz-Bouillon

In reality, we should get a top pairing RD to play with Markov, a signed PK to play with Gorges to round up our top 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad