Who’s Your Favourite and Least Favourite Player

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Favorite is Caufield, who despite holes in his game seems like a sure bet to be a producer for the forseeable future and rarely takes nights off, despite varying results.

Least Favorite is probably Armia, though I've never been partial to Anderson either.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
We haven't had a center with Dach's profile in forever. The swagger and bit of mean streak on top of the talent makes him really easy to like.

Gallagher's on a hot streak right now, he's been dogshit for years

Reactions: MasterD

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
This one is tough for me because I know some of the players. Plus I've been around some others during hockey related events (Pre-Covid). So my opinions are definitely biased.

My favourite is Gally. Since I"ve seen first hand the injury issues he's suffered over the years. I've also seen the hard work he's had to put in, to get himself back to being a serviceable player. Add in that he's a good guy, well respected by his teammates.

I don't have a least favourite. If you play for the Habs, I like you. But there are two players who frustrate the hell out of me.

1. Anderson
2. Armia

Both are players who lack consistency. They both show signs where they dominate. Only to go back into hybernation.

Reactions: JianYang

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
Favorite is Caufield, though I'm impressed by Guhle's maturity and smarts. If he can stay healthy I think we have a gem.

Least favorite is Armia. I wouldn't mind him if his price tag was much lower and at one year. Two years is a big negative for someone displaying such a lack of passion and not using the talent he was born with.

Though Wideman in the line-up instead of a yound D is the thing I despise the most, but he is hurt so my hatred has gone dormant.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Gallagher is fave. Robbed of the Calder. He was a bright spot (sometimes the lone bright spot) in a number of ill-fated playoff serieses. He was a darling in the early analytics age and I got in a lot of fights when talking about his value. He was lacking in some pretty key skills, but always found a way to succeed through being smart with his body and the puck. To see his strong start to this season brings a lot of joy to my heart, because after the multiple hand surgeries, I did worry he would never find his forme again. Hoping this sticks. Seeing this little fresh-faced 19 year old take training camp by storm, and watching him become a filthy rat man... I'd be lying if I didn't see myself in him

Sucks about his caphit, but that's not going to stop me from rooting from the guy.

Least favourite: Christian Dvorak

I have no love or attachment to Jesperi Kotkaniemi. Did not particularly care to see him offer sheeted for the 1st and 3rd. Trading those picks for Dvorak was so I'll advised. He doesn't display passion or effort. His skillset is lacklustre. He is emblematic of the bad of the Bergevin era. I will not mind seeing him go, and if he brings nothing back in return I would consider it a win that the trade tree ends there

I always admired the way Gallagher would win board battles against bigger opposition, and then somehow manage to find a path to the net.

He's turned back the clock a little bit in the past few games minus that elusiveness.

It also makes me feel good to see him get a few goals, although I doubt it's sustainable.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Fave: Dach we were just about to see him be even better, man do we miss him.

Least fave: a guy you know is better, have seen him play better....................................just doesn't want it enough unless he's wearing a Team Finland jersey. You can't help but hate those type of players.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Xhekaj is my guy !
I would like to say Dach, but he's always on the sidelines.
And for an unknown reason , Savard cracks me up with his occasional sloth speed toe drags and dekes that makes defenders step aside to open up corridors. Always funny to watch.
Least favorite.... 6 out of every 7 games it's Armia, rest of the time would be Dvorak.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Davey D was and remains my all time favorite Hab. Of the current Habs it is, of course, the Great Yoel Armia.

Least favorite - has to be Anderson. He can make a difference. He refuses to.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Favorite: Suzuki.
HM: Monahan, Caufield, Guhle, Dach, Gallagher.

Least: Slafkovski. Not that I hate him, just that I hate that he is not in the AHL.
Dvorak, Armia and Ylönen don't excite me in the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad