Who’s this years scapegoat? Or spacegoat?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
That's an exaggeration. None of Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Zadina, Bernier, or Greiss are dead weight. I'd also say that Fabbri, Namestikov, Glendening, and Dekeyser are better than "dead weight".

We'll see how the "better than last year on paper" actually pans out. But there are several fewer paperweights than last year.

Larkin especially will be if he keeps up the uninspired play.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Larkin especially will be if he keeps up the uninspired play.

I mean, seriously, it's game one after a ridiculously abbreviated training camp. They need to perform better, but that was quite literally their first competitive hockey in around 10 months.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I mean, seriously, it's game one after a ridiculously abbreviated training camp. They need to perform better, but that was quite literally their first competitive hockey in around 10 months.

If they looked a step behind, that'd make sense. But they looked disinterested.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
scape·goat
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

must be Blash

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
So far it's Blash and Mantha because nobody really expects anything good out of Bylsma, Nielsen or Gagner.

Flip is definitely underperforming as well.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Mantha has to be the top riser on the list it seems. Especially after getting that new contract.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
scape·goat
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

must be Blash
space·goat
  1. a hardy domesticated ruminant animal that has backward curving horns and (in the male) a beard wandering aimlessly in a continuous area or expanse which is free, available, or unoccupied.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  2. a lecherous man in zero gravity

1) Mantha
2) Disco Dan

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Zadina should play with Gretzky and Lemieux, with Lidström-Rafalski behind !

Othervise, fire Blashill if he can't put Zadina with them! :cry:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Didn't want to start a new thread, but do we have a spacegoat for next season yet?

Is it Leddy or Neddy? I'm just hoping it doesn't wind up being Larkin or Vrana, I like those kids.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm just hoping it doesn't wind up being Larkin or Vrana, I like those kids.

Larkin will need to be significantly better than last year or he's headed to the fan doghouse.

Previously we considered him a low end 1C but strong 2C. Another season like last and the chatter becomes if he's even more than an average 2C.

I think he bounces back, but we'll see.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Didn't want to start a new thread, but do we have a spacegoat for next season yet?

Is it Leddy or Neddy? I'm just hoping it doesn't wind up being Larkin or Vrana, I like those kids.

We do need a new thread for this.

I think our spacegoats will be #1 the coaching staff because this is a team that could easily be 0.500 or slightly better with some health on their side. I think we could finish +5 or -5 points below 0.500 when factoring for injuries. If we finish worse than that but remain healthy (A bottom 5 finish) then it's 100% on the coaching staff not getting the most out of the players.

As far as players go, Sam Gagner and Danny DeKeyser are going to be dead weight. I don't expect either to do much but fill a roster spot and take up good breathing air for people. Sadly, I think these are going to be the vet choices for assistant captains.

Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Yeah...definitely see Blashill and Larkin as the biggest potential scapegoats, this year.

Reactions: lilidk

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Blashill for sure. Zadina if he doesn't find his scoring touch. And now that all the other dead weight is gone, Gagner probably just for being the mediocre player he is.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad