Who’s on the starting day roster next season

Who makes it

• Total voters

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Zadina is the only lock imo.

Rasmussen SHOULD considering how awful the center depth is. He's ready and has previous NHL experience. Seider will get looks next season but I doubt that it'll be at the start.

Veleno isn't ready yet and Cholowski isn't an NHL defenseman.

I expect Svechnikov, Smith and Lindstrom to be injury call-ups.

The #4 pick has about a .00001% chance of starting on the big club. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's just how Detroit management operates.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
-Zadina is a lock.
-Ras is physically ready to be a 3rd line forward this season.
-Seider SHOULD be up. Has the poise and is physically ready as well.
-Lindstrom will probably yo yo up and down.
-Veleno is a year to a year and a half out.

I don't care where Cholo, Smith or Svech start. They're fine enough for now to be warm bodies until they're replaced by better prospects/players.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
I don't think he will start there, but the answer to your second question is when he was in the lineup he was usually their best forward...

I think they will want Ras to start at #3C this coming year. They want to see him at center.

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if they put Fabbri and Bertuzzi together at some point. They have a history. Wish Svech would come off the knee injury and get a crack at the other spot in terms of the heavy down low player with Larkin and Mantha, he has shown chemistry with Larkin in the past in my opinion. You get Bertuzzi - Fabbri - Zadina taking on second line duties. Not sure they will do it. I would stick with the MLB line, but it would get you some balance in the lineup perhaps.

To add to this response, there was a point last season during Mantha's injury in which Blashill separated Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Athanasiou and it worked out pretty well. We were actually able to get scoring from more than just our first line. I don't see it being a huge issue to separate Larkin, Mantha, and Bertuzzi to expirement and get other prospects to play with better players. I mean, its not like we are trying to fight for the playoffs next year.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Zadina is the only lock imo.

Rasmussen SHOULD considering how awful the center depth is. He's ready and has previous NHL experience. Seider will get looks next season but I doubt that it'll be at the start.

Veleno isn't ready yet and Cholowski isn't an NHL defenseman.

I expect Svechnikov, Smith and Lindstrom to be injury call-ups.

The #4 pick has about a .00001% chance of starting on the big club. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's just how Detroit management operates.

Svech is on waivers if not on the team, right?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
To add to this response, there was a point last season during Mantha's injury in which Blashill separated Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Athanasiou and it worked out pretty well. We were actually able to get scoring from more than just our first line. I don't see it being a huge issue to separate Larkin, Mantha, and Bertuzzi to expirement and get other prospects to play with better players. I mean, its not like we are trying to fight for the playoffs next year.

I would try anything possible, just to have experiment.

Bertuzzi - Rasmussen - Svechnikov would be nice bulldozer line to match up against opposite team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad