EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
yJp7HpS.jpg

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
It honestly could be Trouba.

Dark horse is Lindgren (in a Cally kind of way), but Laf is the easy answer. I was calling Fox for eventual captain before we won the lottery, but now i'm wondering if he's too soft spoken. I could be way off, but he doesn't seem to like that kind of attention where Laffy was born and bred for it.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I’d like to see Laf, Fox and Lindgren with the letters eventually.

Who has them now? Kreider, Zibanejad, Trouba and Panarin? When was the last time the Rangers removed a letter from a returning player?

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Chris Kreider or Laf. Kreider will be here for a while and has the experience with the team. Is he the longest tenured player at this point?

Laf if he’s ready for it. A lot of pressure to put on a kid who’s only 19.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Depends on the coach. Both are talented. Do you want a vocal leader who speaks up or a quiet leader who leads by example? There is no wrong answer; just depends on the culture you want.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
No, but Fox is definitely already established as a franchise centerpiece.
Adam Fox is a f***ing god on the ice and is one of the best players this franchise has ever seen and easily the best dman since Leetch.

as far as captains go though, just watching the emotion that Laf had out there as a rookie is something different. I don’t think anyone else on this roster gets as pumped as he does when pucks go in the net. Also that little story that Strome(?) had about him saying they were going to go out there and score on their next shift is Messier-esque

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Trouba rarely gets through a question without giggling or acting awkward. Don’t see him as a Captain type.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Adam Fox is a f***ing god on the ice and is one of the best players this franchise has ever seen and easily the best dman since Leetch.

as far as captains go though, just watching the emotion that Laf had out there as a rookie is something different. I don’t think anyone else on this roster gets as pumped as he does when pucks go in the net. Also that little story that Strome(?) had about him saying they were going to go out there and score on their next shift is Messier-esque
Yeah, but 15 games into the season, people were writing him off as a bust. Stupid, yes, but all I'm saying is let's see what he is before we anoint him.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
I really feel like laf will come out beasting next season. This kid has IT. Hopefully Drury doesnt do anything crazy. We should be good.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad