Who’s faster? Kapanen vs Larkin

Who’s faster?

• Dylan Larkin

• Kasperi Kapanen

Results are only viewable after voting.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Well Kapanen could probably set the fastest slapshot record if you add +50mph into his shot. Same reason Larkin has the record.

Meh he probably wouldn’t have the record but you’re really underrating how fast good skaters can get to top speed.

Also, let’s not forget he nearly fell around one of the corners. Hopefully he’s an all-star this season and we can see what he does without the head start.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'd be surprised if Kapanen didn't win a race from hash marks to hash marks in a straight line with Larkin. Larkin is a more complete skater for sure, Kapanen has Grabner-esque straight line sprint speed

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Great question, one that I actually considered.

As someone mentioned, Larkin is the better skater but it’d be interesting to see straight line speed. I think it’d be close.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Idk as a leafs fan Johnson on our own team might be faster then Kappy, it's close. Lots of players are fast these days and are to gauge. AA is pretty close to Larkin as well. It's really hard to gauge who is objectively faster these days.

iirc Tavares back in his isles days was one of the fastested clocked players in the NHL per some Sportsnet chart. And we all know he's not that fast of a skater.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Idk as a leafs fan Johnson on our own team might be faster then Kappy, it's close. Lots of players are fast these days and are to gauge. AA is pretty close to Larkin as well. It's really hard to gauge who is objectively faster these days.

iirc Tavares back in his isles days was one of the fastested clocked players in the NHL per some Sportsnet chart. And we all know he's not that fast of a skater.

Kapanen is faster than Johnson but AJ can still fly. I think AA on Detroit might be faster in a straight line than Larkin though. I wouldn't be surprised if Kapanen was faster than either of those guys end to end.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Kapanen is faster than Johnson but AJ can still fly. I think AA on Detroit might be faster in a straight line than Larkin though. I wouldn't be surprised if Kapanen was faster than either of those guys end to end.
I have some reserves. Johnson can flat out fly. There's no way to know who's faster unless you see them live enough.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
You think Johnson is faster?
No. I just think it's close really close.
Skating is hard to judge.

Komarov a relatively non chalant and meh looking skater had a skating contest with kadri who is quite avg himself. They had a skating competition 2 laps around the rink. And Komarov handily won. Speed is hard to judge unless your seeing it in person Imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00