WHL Update: 10 Thoughts Through 10 Games

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Maybe he saw it too... But what else could he have done?

Did he not trade enough? Did he make had trades? Did he miss out on one?.. Lassie Thompson was a big hit he had to deal with.
Curious about your thoughts
It blows my mind he was able to get the Memorial Cup with the team he had/has. Competitiveness is supposed to go into consideration for a host city and anyone could see this team wasn't good enough. Not to mention the fact that the CHL told him he wouldn't get another major event until he upgraded the arena. He skirted his way around that by bringing in portable dressing rooms for the tournament. He spent all his draft capital on non star players. Sure, maybe they're good junior players but this roster has one "star" and he's not really a game breaking/take over a game kinda star. He can shoot the puck really well though.

This team is going to be embarrassed come Memorial Cup time if they haven't already embarrassed themselves before then. Yesterday they blew a 5-1 lead allowing 5 unanswered goals in the 3rd + OT. They are only making the playoffs this year because PG and TC are trash. First round exit and an 0-3 Memorial Cup tournament is coming. Basran, who has the potential to be a good goalie is not the guy in net. I don't go to many rockets games anymore but in the past 2 seasons I have seen him get pulled from games multiple times.

RonTugnutt

Kesler is washed up
Sep 5, 2011
It is absolutely embarassing at Prospera these days. Adam Foote is so out of his league it is hilarious. NO OTHER TEAM IN THE CHL WOULD HIRE HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. It is almost like Bruce saying "Thanks for having your boys come here and not go NCAA, here be the coach for a while".

Please dont forget that the league board of governors voted on who hosts the Memorial Cup. They voted in the Kelowna over Lethbridge. If memory serves me correct, Kamloops pulled out at the last minute? Kamloops would have been the best host for this tournament but too little too late.

Either way all the whining in the world will solve nothing. We can further debate this at the Memorial Cup, I will be there but probably in the beer tent instead of watching the Rockets lose LOL

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
It is absolutely embarassing at Prospera these days. Adam Foote is so out of his league it is hilarious. NO OTHER TEAM IN THE CHL WOULD HIRE HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. It is almost like Bruce saying "Thanks for having your boys come here and not go NCAA, here be the coach for a while".

Please dont forget that the league board of governors voted on who hosts the Memorial Cup. They voted in the Kelowna over Lethbridge. If memory serves me correct, Kamloops pulled out at the last minute? Kamloops would have been the best host for this tournament but too little too late.

Either way all the whining in the world will solve nothing. We can further debate this at the Memorial Cup, I will be there but probably in the beer tent instead of watching the Rockets lose LOL

Kamloops did not pull out.

Reactions: e14

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012

I don't see Foote as a "star". He disappears... A LOT. Not a game changer like a NHL, 1st round pick should be. Wedman, Topping, McDonald are good players. But putting them over the top good? Nah. Hamaliuk is a major disappointment.

Keep in mind theres a chance they might not even make the playoffs.

Reactions: sabresEH and e14

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Kamloops did not pull out.
I believe it was Victoria that pulled out? Kamloops or Lethbridge should have been given the tournament.
I don't see Foote as a "star". He disappears... A LOT. Not a game changer like a NHL, 1st round pick should be. Wedman, Topping, McDonald are good players. But putting them over the top good? Nah. Hamaliuk is a major disappointment.

Keep in mind theres a chance they might not even make the playoffs.
Very slim chance they miss the playoffs. About 15ish games left and they're up 13 points on PG. They should get in. But Seattle catching them for the 1st wildcard wouldn't surprise me. Kelowna has gone 3-11-1-0 since the trade deadline. Granted they haven't been fully healthy but they were yesterday and collapsed HARD. As mentioned Adam is in way over his head. Did he even have any head coaching experience before being given the job?

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
I believe it was Victoria that pulled out? Kamloops or Lethbridge should have been given the tournament.

Very slim chance they miss the playoffs. About 15ish games left and they're up 13 points on PG. They should get in. But Seattle catching them for the 1st wildcard wouldn't surprise me. Kelowna has gone 3-11-1-0 since the trade deadline. Granted they haven't been fully healthy but they were yesterday and collapsed HARD. As mentioned Adam is in way over his head. Did he even have any head coaching experience before being given the job?

Truth be told, better off firing Adam sooner than later. Nothing else to lose.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Are you Bruce Hamilton himself? Or a prophet? I'm not good with embedding stuff but I just saw on Twitter that the Rockets have relieved Adam Foote of his duties. Let's see where a coaching change gets them.

haha no. Was just common sense. Bruce has had a poor year in decision making.

Reactions: e14 and sabresEH

RonTugnutt

Kesler is washed up
Sep 5, 2011
haha no. Was just common sense. Bruce has had a poor year in decision making.
Bruce finally got it wrong lol. Sorry for the comment earlier about the Blazers pulling out of their bid. For some reason i thought they did but went back and read the news releases and it was down to Kel, Kam and Let. Either way the board of governors gave it to the wrong team but its water under the bridge now!

This is great news for the Rockets today however it might be too little too late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad