WHL Trade Deadline: Winners & Losers

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
Victoria's tough. Punted next year (Florchuk and Peckford are 17 and 18) to...slightly improve their chances of coming out of the BC Division?

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Victoria's tough. Punted next year (Florchuk and Peckford are 17 and 18) to...slightly improve their chances of coming out of the BC Division?

Dealing Florchuk was a good move since he did not pan out like they hoped, Gregor is an upgrade on Peckford too.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Dealing Florchuk was a good move since he did not pan out like they hoped, Gregor is an upgrade on Peckford too.

Tough to say Florchuk didn't pan out, he's still a quality young prospect with NHL upside, but Kaspick is obviously an upgrade for this season. Victoria improved on paper, but time will tell whether the Royals are improved on the ice in terms of chemistry and playoff success.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009

His .65 ppg as a Royal is 12th (9th among forwards) league-wide among under-18s. I dunno. You can always hope for more (shooting, especially, in Florchuk's case) but that's a pretty valuable player.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
I expected the big buys from Regina, but Swift Current and Moose Jaw surprised me a bit. Three teams from the same division going all-in and sacrificing so much of their future was pretty unprecedented. One thing is for certain, this year's playoffs will be fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->