WHL Preview and Predictions: Expect American Champion?

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
No thoughts on the season to come in the Dub? Am I too high on Kamloops, Edmonton and Prince Albert? Who wins the East Division? You tell me!

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
No thoughts on the season to come in the Dub? Am I too high on Kamloops, Edmonton and Prince Albert? Who wins the East Division? You tell me!

With how weak the division is, Kamloops is exactly where they should be. Good depth on all fronts, and top notch goaltending.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
With how weak the division is, Kamloops is exactly where they should be. Good depth on all fronts, and top notch goaltending.

That's my thinking, providing the Blazers get Ferguson and Loewen back from NHL camps — as expected — they could do some damage this season and be a tough team to play against.

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
Kneen looked really good in camp for the blazers, potential has always been there but he got stuck behind veterans in Hay's system and didn't get as many chances as he should've. The next best was Schmiemann who should step in as a rookie and maybe get in to the top 4 by the end of the year. Pillar was the best forward in camp, curious to see who he gets paired up with, but depth at all positions will be their strong point. depending on how quick they adapt to Lajoie's system they should be in contention for the BC title.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Kneen looked really good in camp for the blazers, potential has always been there but he got stuck behind veterans in Hay's system and didn't get as many chances as he should've. The next best was Schmiemann who should step in as a rookie and maybe get in to the top 4 by the end of the year. Pillar was the best forward in camp, curious to see who he gets paired up with, but depth at all positions will be their strong point. depending on how quick they adapt to Lajoie's system they should be in contention for the BC title.

Agreed, got a live viewing of the Blazers in the preseason and will see them again this weekend in Kelowna's home opener. I really liked what I saw and think Kamloops could push Vancouver for the division title.

Reactions: Juniorhockeyguru

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad