WHL pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
anyone wanna provide me a with a list of 15 or 20 forwards, 10 D, maybe 6 or so goalies I should look for in picking? I'm fairly knowledgable but not a hardcore fan so I don't want to miss anyone good

please and thank you

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
For now I'll give 20 forwards from the East and Central Divisions to watch for:

18-19 years old:
Dustin Boyd (MJ)
Kyle Chipchura (PA)
Jeremy Colliton (PA)
Eric Fehr (Brn)
Colin Fraser (RD)
Ryan Getzlaf (Cgy)
Andrew Ladd (Cgy)
Clarke MacArthur (MH)
Stefan Meyer (MH)
Ryan Stone (Brn)
Kris Versteeg (Lth)

Overagers:
Ryan Keller (Stn)
Tim Konsorada (Brn)
Alex Leavitt (SC)
Tyler Redenbach (SC)

Imports:
Zdenek Bahensky (Stn)
Roman Psurny (MH)
Konstantin Pushkarev (Cgy)
Aki Seitsonen (PA)
Roman Wick (RD)

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
monster_bertuzzi said:
If penalty minutes mean anything in your pool make sure you have Brule. 3 points and 19 PIM's tonight. :yo:

On that goal, the radio guy on MOJO made it sound like Brule turned Baranka into a traffic cone. :joker:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Versteeg is a guy to keep you eye on...Excellent value to steal after all the big-names are taken...

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
sehnsucht said:
anyone wanna provide me a with a list of 15 or 20 forwards, 10 D, maybe 6 or so goalies I should look for in picking? I'm fairly knowledgable but not a hardcore fan so I don't want to miss anyone good

please and thank you

From Seattle, for scoring I'd take Thompson or Durand although right now they are both injured. For PIM's take FitzGerald or McEwan. Our #1 goalie is hot right now, Bridges, but I don't know that you'd want to ride him a whole season. I'd take Wall from Everett since their style of play leads to low chances and goals.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
A guy who looks like he could put up a lot of points this year is Tim Kraus. He's playing with Brule right now and putting up decent numbers, and he should be really easy to get late. Meszaros will lead the Giants defense in scoring.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
Take Nigel Dawes with your first pick. He'll probobly lead the WHL in points (though I think Getzlaf will be up there too).

Lets face it - Dawes, Getzlaf, Macarthur, Brule, Courchaine, Fehr, Klassen, and Ladd all have about an equal chance of leading the WHL is scoring. My sleeper is Jeremy Colliton.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
I think I will go for Dawes, he shares my first name and I swear, there's nobody in Canada named Nigel

What about Barker? and goalies? There's Nastiuk, Bridges, Price, uh...

pwil

Oct 9, 2004
Brandon Dubinsky-led all 17 year olds last year in scoring
Dan DaSilva-possible 50 goal scorer
Braydon Coburn
Tyler Metcalf
Chris Durand
Dylan Stanley
Tyler Redenbach
Ryan Stone

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Aaron Vickers said:
Actually, for the time being they have Getzlaf with the two euros. Ladd has been moved off the line.

Are you sure? The last three games Pushkarev and Tomanek have played together most of the time, and Ladd and Getzlaf have stayed together. Pushkarev gets moved up to their line on the PP and when they are trailing.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Roughneck said:
17 posts and not one mention of Dion Phaneuf as a defenseman. He may very well elad the Rebels in scoring this year at the rate theyre going.

Why should we take seriously his girlfriend?

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I havn't been following the WHL all that much but I think Stone would be a good pick, Getzlaf and Ladd is another good one, and 2 guys normally known for their hard work and all round game more then just pure offence are lighting it up in Prince Albert, Kyle Chipichura and Jeremy Colliton. Brule also seems to be breaking out as a top offencive threat in the WHL. And on defence one my of my personal favorties Dion Phanuef I think would be a no-brainer to select.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Okay, I've only been following the WHL on the radio, but there's no way(like Jay said) you can ignore Dawes talent. This guy has to be the most skilled guy in the W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad