WHL Playoff Predictions: Third Round Offers Intriguing Matchups

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Heh. You tell yourself, "I didn't expect them to get this far, so this is all gravy. I doubt they'll win and I'm just happy to see them in the 3rd round again this year"

Then they arguably hold the edge in play against one of the top two teams in the WHL this season in their own barn for two games, but come away completely empty handed..... .and it's sucks haha.

Dammit anyways. Skinner kind of steals game 1, and Estephan pots the hatty and OT winner in game 2. Stings more than I thought it would. But again, the Canes weren't even supposed to be here, and that's why Swift Current gave up all those good young assets to get Skinner and Estephan.

Not over yet, but I really don't see them winning 4 out of 5 against Swift. 4 out of 7 was a tough enough ask.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Awesome! A couple lucky bounces and the Canes would already be in the the final. Swift Current has already played two long and hard series, I wonder if the pressure is getting to them. Meanwhile the Canes are comparatively rested and are basically playing with house money now. How good must that goal have felt for Barlage?

Reactions: BurnEmUp

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
It's going to be interesting to see how Swift plays in game 5. They seriously looked done, and you are right, this series should be 3-1 or 4-0 for the Canes right now.

Reactions: SpoolCat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->