White vs Stoner

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
:amazed: Can't believe some of you are trying to argue your way into White winning this. "Lost the battle but won the war" Jeez...

The mouse on Stoner does not matter either. Stone landed much more, landed a few very hard shots, controlled most of the fight and was on the offensive most of the fight, while White was more on the defensive. Clear win Stoner.

White did his job, and good for him for sticking up for his teammates, but there no reason to try to make it into more than it was.

PricePkPatch*

:amazed: Can't believe some of you are trying to argue your way into White winning this. "Lost the battle but won the war" Jeez...

The mouse on Stoner does not matter either. Stone landed much more, landed a few very hard shots, controlled most of the fight and was on the offensive most of the fight, while White was more on the defensive. Clear win Stoner.

Dude, with all due respect, one guy (ME) doesn't make it "some".

And the argument was: even if White lost this fight to Stone, Stone didn't landed any other huge hit of the entire game while he did so 2 times in the first 5 minutes.

Effectively, White prevented Stone from being a consequent part of the game, physically-wise. Strategic advantage = White.

Claimed Off Waivers

Mar 2, 2007
Montreal
Great fight, these are the kinda fights I like to see, Stoner was running around and White got tired of it. Much better than this staged BS where guys drop them off the faceoff. I love White's guts, if only he were 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier.

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal
gotta love white, real heart and soul type player, a great teammate. have to give the edge to stoner but white hung in there very well. considering white is 30lbs lighter and didn't hesitate, he doesn't pick his spots and that shows what character he has.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

And the argument was: even if White lost this fight to Stone, Stone didn't landed any other huge hit of the entire game while he did so 2 times in the first 5 minutes.

Effectively, White prevented Stone from being a consequent part of the game, physically-wise. Strategic advantage = White.

Well you are one guy, but in my books saying the fight was a draw is essentially the same thing.

And I got your argument. But do you really think that one punch is what stopped Stoner from throwing hits the rest of the game? I highly doubt it, maybe the situation just did not present itself.

PricePkPatch*

Well you are one guy, but in my books saying the fight was a draw is essentially the same thing.

And I got your argument. But do you really think that one punch is what stopped Stoner from throwing hits the rest of the game? I highly doubt it, maybe the situation just did not present itself.

I don't know if that one punch stopped Stoner from throwing hits the rest of the game.

But I do know he stopped his aggressivity after that fight.

Was is the punch? Was it the fact that we had a player ready to fight him?

Who knows. White did his job, and did it perfectly. He won the strategic objective, while losing the tactical battle.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Let see how he handles himself against A bruin who actually fights.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but White probably won't drop the gloves with Lucic or Thornton.

Funny how, after he got his ass handed to him by White, Boychuk is suddenly "not a fighter" (as by Bruins fans). Yet, they praised him and listed him in the "people who can drop the gloves'' list @ Bruins board, after he fought Spacek. :laugh::laugh:

scottyG

Jul 3, 2009
Montreal,Qc
Let see how he handles himself against A bruin who actually fights.

White is a middleweight meaning out of the Bruins lineup he will probably fight guys like Campell, Boychuk, Ference. He's not going to waste his time fighting a guy like Lucic or Thorthon and neither should Lucic or Thorthon waste their time fighting White, there is nothing to prove

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

...or the Habs got smart and became more careful about putting themselves in bad positions on Stoner's side.

Bruinster*

Typical, White get all the praise in this thread but clear win by Stoner.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
White is a middleweight meaning out of the Bruins lineup he will probably fight guys like Campell, Boychuk, Ference. He's not going to waste his time fighting a guy like Lucic or Thorthon and neither should Lucic or Thorthon waste their time fighting White, there is nothing to prove
I am sure you are one of the guys that thought Lucic shouldn't have fought Laraque.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Sorry to burst your bubble, but White probably won't drop the gloves with Lucic or Thornton.

Funny how, after he got his ass handed to him by White, Boychuk is suddenly "not a fighter" (as by Bruins fans). Yet, they praised him and listed him in the "people who can drop the gloves'' list @ Bruins board, after he fought Spacek. :laugh::laugh:
Yeah probably #7 on that list...Where is White on the Habs list?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad