White VS. Clutterbuck

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Having played with Clutterbuck MANYYY moons ago lol (Jr.B), I think it's safe to say that you wont find a harder working player on the ice. He will hit anything that moves and can/will chip in offensively, although I'm not sure how much his point total was due to playing on a line with Tavares? IMO he will translate into a solid 3rd line/4th line energy player chipping in 20-25 pts.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
That's a good one...

Maybe give the edge to White, but apparently White doesn't train very hard.

I haven't seen enough of them so I'll just take a shot in the dark and say White (yes, I'm a homer) :)

I hear he's trying hard to change that rap. Never seem Clutterback play so I'd have to take White.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Having played with Clutterbuck MANYYY moons ago lol (Jr.B), I think it's safe to say that you wont find a harder working player on the ice. He will hit anything that moves and can/will chip in offensively, although I'm not sure how much his point total was due to playing on a line with Tavares? IMO he will translate into a solid 3rd line/4th line energy player chipping in 20-25 pts.

Hey, I take it you're from Welland.

I can't speak for White cause I've never seen him play. But I love how Clutterbuck plays. Any fan or player would like to have this guy on his team. His work ethic alone will get him a chance to strut his stuff in the NHL.
If there was one player I'd pick on another OHL team to play on the Knights it would be this guy. I think Wild fans will enjoy him.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'm going to say that Clutterbuck is "safer" anyway. They are similar enough players with similar enough upside, but I've watched Clutterbuck a lot in the OHL and he moves his feet waaay better than White, and keeps his kamikaze engine going even harder.

Good comparable player types, and who really knows what their developmental futures will hold, but at this point along the development curve, having seen both of them live on multiple occasions now, I think it's a relatively easy decision. Clutterbuck is better. He has an extra junior season under his belt, though, so who knows, White might have a bit of ground to make up before a truly fair comparison can be made in the present tense. :dunno:

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
I hear he's trying hard to change that rap. Never seem Clutterback play so I'd have to take White.

White worked harder than he ever has this summer.
Good comparison question, I like both these players, but of course, biased towards White!!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hey, I take it you're from Welland.

I can't speak for White cause I've never seen him play. But I love how Clutterbuck plays. Any fan or player would like to have this guy on his team. His work ethic alone will get him a chance to strut his stuff in the NHL.
If there was one player I'd pick on another OHL team to play on the Knights it would be this guy. I think Wild fans will enjoy him.

his work ethic will make him a Clark Wilm...but that doesnt make him an attractive prospect.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
OT: Clutterbuck's on a line with Sheppard and Pouliot at training camp scrimmages. (for any of his fans who're interested)

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
White does his work on the ice

White is my pick.
What I've seen of White is he's a hard worker. He's always putting in an honest effort. I've seen him with come back and help defensively with some amazing reflexive puck redirections.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Personally, I think people really underrate Clutterbuck's offensive game. Just because he's a ball of energy who keeps his feet moving and loves to initiate contact, does not mean he's going to be the next Clarke Wilm or Tyson Nash or any other 4th line pest with stone hands.

He's a very good skater, he's not just a ball of energy because he keeps moving and out hustles the guys around him, he can skate by them. He's also got pretty good hands, especially around the net, as well as a pretty underrated shot. His passing ability aint to bad either, and his offensive skills can only improve playing with guys like Tavares in Oshawa. I think that he could develop into a VERY good third line player, someone who chips in 20 goals a season, but is just not good enough to be called a second liner.

Ceber mentioned that he's playing with Sheppard and Pouliot at training camp, and I read all the recaps of the recent prospect tourney and every game that the Minny team played it seemed to mention Clutterbuck as having a great game, as well as hitting the scoreboard quite often as well.

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
I believe that Clutterbuck could turn out to be a Kevin Dineen type of player. He´s got some decent hands and could very well with the right linemates and icetime get more out of his career than anyone expects. His grit and passion will help him on the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->