Cut/Released: White Sox, Renteria part ways

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg

Cora and Hinch.......

It feels like the White Sox might not make that move if neither were available. I can't fault them - they need someone to get them over the hump and these two have done it (albeit in an illicit manner). Who cares about misconduct when success is a hell of a drug.

There must be a rat race starting after the WS to get the lesser-maligned Hinch. And as much as I want the Tigers to sign him, Hinch would be stupid to pass on this talented CWS roster with Abreu's successor waiting in the wings.

Gruß,
BSHH

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Nightengale has long been Kenny Williams's mouth piece. I'm guessing the Larussa rumor was dropped as some sort of favor to him.

No way in hell he's hired. All the excitement and goodwill they've generated from the RR firing would be flushed down the toilet.

__

It's Hinch...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its going to be Sandy Alomar Jr IMO

Last I recall he isn't signed to manage Indians next season and he is an Ex-White Sox who Jerry and others in organization are familiar with

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
White Sox are the 1 team TLR didn't get it done with. Wouldn't surprise me if he went there for 2 years to try and win one with that group.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Jerry regrets letting Hawk fire TLR 30+ years ago and so he is going to hire him back when he is 76 yrs old to guide a young team to championship

Ugh

Should have just given job to Ozzie if you were going to bring back a former Sox manager

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I think La Russa is doing them a favor and making it look like a search is going on because they can't hire Hinch until the season ends.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah, there's zero chance la russa comes back after a decade out of the dugout at his age to manage the white sox

they're gonna hire hinch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad