White Sox hire Tony La Russa as their next manager

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
This is La Russa's second DUI charge.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
since his previous DUI was in 07, Arizona will not consider him a repeat offender so he lucked out.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
That 2007 DUI also came just months before Josh Hancock, a pitcher of his, died in a drunk driving crash in the middle of the season.

Way to set an example for your players, Tony.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
upload_2020-11-10_13-59-8.png

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
funny, when he got arrested for DUI in 07 his excuse was also that he had "had a glass of wine at dinner"

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
La Russa, Hinch, Cora...

I'll bet Pete Rose gets brought back as the Reds manager and official Draft Kings partner by 2022, and then MLB releases an app tied into the betting pools that lets fans vote on what the manager should do in real time.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
That proved to be an empty statement, since he signed his QO to stay with the Mets anyway.

I don’t think Stro was ever really considering signing with the White Sox and his comment was more of a hypothetical of ‘would you ever want to play for a guy like this?’.

I could be wrong but that’s how I interpreted it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I don’t think Stro was ever really considering signing with the White Sox and his comment was more of a hypothetical of ‘would you ever want to play for a guy like this?’.

Well he really didn't considering signing with anyone, that's kinda my whole point. I'm sure he knew already he was staying with the Mets and would rather test FA a year from now when things hopefully improve, so with that in mind he could say whatever he wanted.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well he really didn't considering signing with anyone, that's kinda my whole point. I'm sure he knew already he was staying with the Mets and would rather test FA a year from now when things hopefully improve, so with that in mind he could say whatever he wanted.

Yeah for sure, just seems like he’s giving his opinion. Him being a FA at the time of the comment isn’t really all that relevant to the narrative

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Marcus Stroman said La Russa would stop him from signing with the Chi-Sox
I am aware of the past of La Russa. Not the greatest stuff.

But Stroman has always been a blowhard and I don't put too much stock into anything he says.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

Stroman during his time with the Blue Jays always liked to talk nonsense and always liked to think he was better than he actually was.

He had an attitude of himself that wasn't backed-up with performance and results.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am aware of the past of La Russa. Not the greatest stuff.

But Stroman has always been a blowhard and I don't put too much stock into anything he says.

Stroman during his time with the Blue Jays always liked to talk nonsense and always liked to think he was better than he actually was.

He had an attitude of himself that wasn't backed-up with performance and results.

I mean you’re more than welcome to your opinion on Stroman. He’s obviously much more outspoken than most other players. That’s just who he is. He’s a cocky, bet on himself type guy. He’s been inconsistent with a couple below average seasons but also some really good ones. I’m sure he doesnt care what you or others think about his Twitter posts. I’m not a Stroman fan boy but I do like him to a degree. Like the return we got for him but he would be a great piece in our rotation right now

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Under terms of the agreement, La Russa would serve one day in jail and be subject to work release or home detention if a judge approves at a Dec. 21 hearing. He would also have to pay a $1,383 fine and complete 20 hours of community service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad