Injury Report: White out 3-5 weeks, Anisimov out 1-2 weeks

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
GM Pierre Dorion provided an update on #Sens injuries today: Colin White will be out 3-5 weeks with a hip flexor/groin injury and Artem Anisimov is expected to miss 1-2 weeks with a lower body injury. Both players have been placed on the IR.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder if White gets sent to the minors to rehab / regain confidence under the illusion of this mini hip flexor thingy he has been playing with.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He is very present in the back check. I think his defensive "flaws" are exaggerated. For his first game he held his own in puck battles. He gets three home games before they go out on the road for a while. If Brown continues to play like that White is coming back as a winger and I'm not sure where he fits in with DUC, NAMES, and RYAN at RW.
Lol your anti White quest has no bounds.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Lol your anti White quest has no bounds.

I like White .. I just wish we viewed him as a project. Someone will be injured but White will have a hard time out playing DUC, NAMES, and possibly Ryan on the right side. If Bath gets called up it makes it more complicated

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like White .. I just wish we viewed him as a project. Someone will be injured but White will have a hard time out playing DUC, NAMES, and possibly Ryan on the right side. If Bath gets called up it makes it more complicated
They just invested massively in him and you think because he got hurt he is going to lose his spot and what be a healthy scratch?... Its absurd.

Thought Brown played really well tonight, when he gets going he can fly. He was dangerous and had a couple great back checks. I like him in the offensive zone, great active stick good at creating space.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
They just invested massively in him and you think because he got hurt he is going to lose his spot and what be a healthy scratch?... Its absurd.

Thought Brown played really well tonight, when he gets going he can fly. He was dangerous and had a couple great back checks. I like him in the offensive zone, great active stick good at creating space.

well.. he wasn't playing well and lost his spot (1st line) . I'm just saying it gets tricky placing White into a mix of RW's that includes NAMES, DUC, RYAN, & BATH. Ideally White would stand out amongst that group. It is equally challenging at C with BROWN, PAGER, and CT. CT has been effective at times and who knows if the sens want to limit his trade visibility on the wing. If Brown isn't playing well he is probably in the AHL ...

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
well.. he wasn't playing well and lost his spot (1st line) . I'm just saying it gets tricky placing White into a mix of RW's that includes NAMES, DUC, RYAN, & BATH. Ideally White would stand out amongst that group. It is equally challenging at C with BROWN, PAGER, and CT. CT has been effective at times and who knows if the sens want to limit his trade visibility on the wing. If Brown isn't playing well he is probably in the AHL ...
You really dont understand how it works eh.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Are you insinuating that this is a fake or inflated injury situation?

No. Not all all. I assume there is a minor injury a doctor can validate. For the most part, if I say my hip flexor is sore, my hip flexor is sore.

I assume if we were in the playoffs he may play through it but since he is a young asset we are being cautious. The injury does have secondary advantage of giving him a break (his play and moral were spiralling downwards) and opening up the option of a rehab stint in Belleville which I believe his contract status wouldn’t allow otherwise (without clearing waivers).

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You really dont understand how it works eh.

Correct - I’m blind to many of ways you “understand how it works...” I don’t see the “elite” strength, speed, or scoring you do in White so feel free to acknowledge that and hide my posts which may limit your need for using insulting sarcasm.

My point was sliding White back into a RW mix possible including Bath, Duc, Names, and Ryan will be tricky - you can believe it will or won’t be but cut the sarcasm. I’ve read enough of your posts to know you are not always right.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Correct - I’m blind to many of ways you “understand how it works...” I don’t see the “elite” strength, speed, or scoring you do in White so feel free to acknowledge that and hide my posts which may limit your need for using insulting sarcasm.

My point was sliding White back into a RW mix possible including Bath, Duc, Names, and Ryan will be tricky - you can believe it will or won’t be but cut the sarcasm. I’ve read enough of your posts to know you are not always right.

White's hip flexor is interesting

I saw all kinds of examples of White's speed last year but not this year. A hip flexor / groin issue explains that. And 3 to 5 weeks says it is beyond minor.

The other issue with White is the NHL is a "slotting" league. White's been playing above his ideal slot....seemingly with a mobility impairment

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I think he has been hurt and bit overwhelmed trying to play with the injury. White ceiling is 2nd line center in my eyes ,that's where he needs to be slotted to excel.

Time to heal and watch the game and few conditioning games in the AHL might just be what the doctor ordered.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Try white on the wing when he gets back. White/Norris probably going to have to move over at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad