Which young defenseman will have the best season

Which young defenseman will have the best season (as in breakout)

• Total voters

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I wouldn't consider Walker to be young age wise, he's the same age as Maatta (26), although it seems as if Olli has been around forever. I do hope he continues to excel as he showed well last season and the club obviously believes in him seeing they locked him up for 4-years.

Roy too will be 26 come March 1.

If we are talking NHL experience, then yes they are both green with roughly 200 NHL games between the two of them

This is obviously going to be an odd season with such a shortened training camp and no pre-season games to get up to speed, I'm not sure we will see anyone really breakout but, I will interested to see how Anderson does given regular ice time.

Reactions: andys

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hard to not say Anderson due to both opportunity and ability, Todd's praise speaks volumes. So I feel like the answer kind of HAS to be Mikey.

That being said I think Clague surprises some people this year. And Toby is going to look typically steady even if he only gets a handful of games before his REAL breakout next year next to Drew ;)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Bjornfot - for those who watched him closely at WJC he was better defensively than his partner Broberg. Also, offensively I thought he did a very solid job moving the puck up the ice. Good passer.

I see him turning into a very good all-around defenseman.

Reactions: RaymondReddington

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Matt Roy.

I can't wait to see if he continues the progression he made last year. I honestly think he is going to have a career path similar to that of Mark Giordano and be an All-star level defenseman by the time he hits 28.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I picked Anderson but I think Clague has a real shot to impress. Really solid group overall. They'll be plenty of growing pains, and a few real ugly games but I really like the upside this group has (especially offensively)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->