Which Wolves will be Knighted next year?

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
First of all, when looking at this dire cap situation, I don’t see how Glass and Hague do no not make the team. The team definitely needs the cheap labor.

Even if they are not all the way ready, and you have some marginal journeymen who might be a bit better and make just a tad bit more, a dozen games into the season these guys will most likely be more effective than the scrub making 750,000-1,000,000.

And they will get better and have a ceiling to reach. Perhaps Whitecloud makes the team as well so the team could have 3 rookies at some point come next year.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
One or two of Hague/Whitecloud/Schuldt for sure. Glass and Kolesar will get some looks throughout the year when injuries hit. Glass has no shot of making the team unless Haula is traded and I don't think he will be.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
We shall see what the moves are. I sure hope the team gets at least some youth infusion. A little worried about Glass not making it, same with a defender. As much as we like Engo, a more sober view would be to use the young depth because they need seasoning. Not to mention from what I saw I can't imagine a good young talent would be a drop off by playoff time as long as they had the season to get experience and work with their partners

Reactions: derriko

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
One or two of Hague/Whitecloud/Schuldt for sure. Glass and Kolesar will get some looks throughout the year when injuries hit. Glass has no shot of making the team unless Haula is traded and I don't think he will be.

I got a feeling Schuldt is probably better than Whitecloud.

I agree that Haula should not be moved because he has an extremely good contract but I don’t see how that prevents Glass from making the team as Haula is probably betting suited to play on the Wing.

I’d like to think Kolesar will contribute but I don’t think he is very good and think McCrimmon traded away for a 2nd for a career AHLer.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

I agree that Haula should not be moved because he has an extremely good contract but I don’t see how that prevents Glass from making the team as Haula is probably betting suited to play on the Wing.

We've seen Schuldt play exactly 1 pro game so it's hard for me to compare him to Hague and Whitecloud who were fantastic all year for Chicago.

Haula isn't going to be playing wing unless one of the top 9 wingers is moved (Marche/Smith/Stone/Patches/Gusev/Tuch), and I'm fairly sure none of them will be. Not really any room on the team for Glass at this point because they're not playing him or Haula on the 4th line.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I’d like to think Kolesar will contribute but I don’t think he is very good and think McCrimmon traded away for a 2nd for a career AHLer.

Whitecloud is a RD though so there could be some opportunity for him.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Whitecloud is a RD though so there could be some opportunity for him.

That’s probably why Miller seems to be the one most actively shopped. Lose offense with Whitecloud but save money and most likely get better defense.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Oscar Dansk should be with the Golden Nights next season

I don't see why Vegas wouldnt offer Subban a short term contract. They don't really have the room to go for, and pay a top tier veteran back there. Subban regressed a bit, but hes still young for a goalie and could potentially be as good as a handful of the good backups in the league.

Though if they could find another 500k to 1 mil in the budget, I would love Vegas to go after McElhinney. He's been one of the best backups in the league for several years now. Very unheralded, but super consistent. Probably takes up 1.5 mil in cap.

As for Glass and Hague, I think they become full time NHL'ers next year, but maybe not initially. Hague definitely needs another half season or so to refine his defensive positioning, but he's absolutely a future Miller replacement, and even quite possibly better than Engelland, Holden, and Merrill right now (not a fan of those guys so I'm a bit biased)

I don't know enough about Schuldt at all to have an opinion, but Whitecloud is a definite dark horse to push one of those three above out of the lineup as a 7th D, waiver fodder, or trade. (I know Engo wont be traded or waived, though hopefully hes the 7th D and only plays about 30 games.)

Glass I see maybe playing a dozen games at most, comes up for an injury, and never looks back. He has the pedigree, the two way game, and the poise to absolutely step in and contribute. This team is trying to win a cup. You can't tell me he shouldn't push people like Carpenter, Pirri, Nosek, or Zykov out of the lineup. Hell, throw him on the wing and let him adjust slowly. Don't know if he's played there before, but he's a smart player and will adjust.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't see why Vegas wouldnt offer Subban a short term contract. They don't really have the room to go for, and pay a top tier veteran back there. Subban regressed a bit, but hes still young for a goalie and could potentially be as good as a handful of the good backups in the league.

Though if they could find another 500k to 1 mil in the budget, I would love Vegas to go after McElhinney. He's been one of the best backups in the league for several years now. Very unheralded, but super consistent. Probably takes up 1.5 mil in cap.

As for Glass and Hague, I think they become full time NHL'ers next year, but maybe not initially. Hague definitely needs another half season or so to refine his defensive positioning, but he's absolutely a future Miller replacement, and even quite possibly better than Engelland, Holden, and Merrill right now (not a fan of those guys so I'm a bit biased)

I don't know enough about Schuldt at all to have an opinion, but Whitecloud is a definite dark horse to push one of those three above out of the lineup as a 7th D, waiver fodder, or trade. (I know Engo wont be traded or waived, though hopefully hes the 7th D and only plays about 30 games.)

Glass I see maybe playing a dozen games at most, comes up for an injury, and never looks back. He has the pedigree, the two way game, and the poise to absolutely step in and contribute. This team is trying to win a cup. You can't tell me he shouldn't push people like Carpenter, Pirri, Nosek, or Zykov out of the lineup. Hell, throw him on the wing and let him adjust slowly. Don't know if he's played there before, but he's a smart player and will adjust.

Dansk should be given the chance to be a super cheap backup, he is no less experienced than Subban inaugural season.

Engelland is 7/8 D and Holden should be given to whoever will take him. Schuldt and Whitecloud probably play more than Hague next season, I think. I think Merrill stays but Miller goes.

I think Glass would be pushing Haula off the 3C role, not those fourth liners.

Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault
Stone-Stastny-Pacioretty
Gusev-Haula-Tuch
Carrier-Bellemare/Quinney?-Reaves
Zykov, Nosek, McKenzie, etc.

Carpenter and Pirri are already gone and Nosek is a fourth line and extra forward fixture next year. Zykov is an extra forward kept around for occasional fourth line duty and maybe help Gusev adjust.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad