Which wildcard team has best chance to upset in the 1st round? (poll)

Which lower seed team has best chance to upset in the 1st round? (poll)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
I think the most likely upset is Colorado over Calgary.

The biggest upset since Montreal beat Washington in 09-10, which I don't think will happen, is CBJ over Tampa.

I actually don't think Carolina beating the Caps would be that big of an upset. I know they were 0-3-1 in the regular season, but I don't put that much stock in the regular season.

I also don't think it's that much of an upset if Dallas beats Nashville.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think both Western Wildcards have a decent chance . The West overall has no dominant team/s . Every team has signficant weaknesses . In the East i sadly don't see it happening.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The whole season we have talked about how wild and even the West is, with everybody beating everybody.

With the Avs current form, I expect them to win this.

Dallas should also have a very good chance vs Preds.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Of those four...I'd have to go with the Stars. I think that'll be a close series.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Stars by far. If Bishop stays healthy, they win it in 6.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I just don't see any of them doing it. If I'm forced to pick though, I'd go with the Avalanche winning over the Flames.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The Avs, Calgary has some weakness that the Capitals/Tampa/Nashville don't. Experience and Goaltending being the most notable, also having one of the weaker 1C of the playoff teams- which is highly regarded as the most important position of cup winning teams.

Calgary's 1C is better than Nashville's, and Backlund this season has arguably been better than Johansen.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Roughly halfway through the first round, and...
  • Colorado is up 3-1 on the Flames and looks like they could legitimately pull it off.
  • Dallas is tied in their series with Nashville and has frankly looked like the better team throughout.
  • Carolina's down 2-1 and facing an uphill battle.
  • Columbus... well, yeah. :)
Get a good game from Carolina tonight and we could be looking at possibly all four wild cards getting the upset. (Not my preferred outcome as I'm also a Preds fan, but still. Wow.)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I voted Colorado and felt pretty good about it. I didn't buy into the Calgary hype all season long and turns out I was right. That first line for Col is insane - will be tough to stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad