Which wild card team will go the farthest in the '22 playoffs

Which wild card team will go the farthest in the '22 playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don’t think Boston is a worse team than Carolina. They’ve been a tough matchup for the Bruins this year though.

I don’t think any of the other teams have any shot though

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Bruins are the best bet to advance.
With the right odds I might even throw down some hard earned on it to happen.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Not a single vote for Washington, yet. Ovechkin did say he's playing right?

No one is giving them a chance against the Cats. All 3 games of the regular season series were decided by 1 goal

Screenshot 2022-05-01 195318.jpg

__
Looks like Boston is the unanimous pick. Interesting, considering Carolina sweeped the season series, had 2 shutouts and outscored them 16-1. I know Freddie is out, but Raanta is solid in his own right

Screenshot 2022-05-01 195751.jpg

__
Predicting Nashville as the only wild card to advance. I think Colorado may have peaked too early, and Nashville, being the highest hitting team in the league by far, could wear them down in 6 or 7 games

Reactions: GreeningOil

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

No one is giving them a chance against the Cats. All 3 games of the regular season series were decided by 1 goal

View attachment 538832

__
Looks like Boston is the unanimous pick. Interesting, considering Carolina sweeped the season series, had 2 shutouts and outscored them 16-1. I know Freddie is out, but Raanta is solid in his own right

View attachment 538834

__
Predicting Nashville as the only wild card to advance. I think Colorado may have peaked too early, and Nashville, being the highest hitting team in the league by far, could wear them down in 6 or 7 games

Three games in November?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Caps will sweep Florida in round 1 - then out in 7 in round 2 vs Leafs. None of the others go past round 1

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

View attachment 538832

__

View attachment 538834

__

In fairness. One of those Boston/Carolina games was in October. One saw Rask give up 5 goals on 13 shots and not long afterwards retire, and the final game the Bruins didn't have Bergeron or Marchand. So don't think they are super predictive of anything.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Three games in November?

In fairness. One of those Boston/Carolina games was in October. One saw Rask give up 5 goals on 13 shots and not long afterwards retire, and the final game the Bruins didn't have Bergeron or Marchand. So don't think they are super predictive of anything.

Very valid points
It's a series of the May versions of both teams, rather than the beginning of the season

As an Oiler fan, I should know; when Edmonton won 7 straight against Winnipeg last season, then got swept in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad