Which trio is better?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I was just thinking of this the other day.

If we are talking about a career, you still have to go with Blake, Zhitnik and Sydor, and you do for a while yet as well. Yes a Stanley Cup win is great, but we can't blame the loss in 93 on those three. The fact all three have a combined 3,646 games, each playing over 1,000 games in their career, is a testiment to their abilities. Be a while before Doughty, Martinez and Voynov match up to that.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The version we had of Sydor was a bit different than later in his career, though.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Drew is on his way but I think right now Rob Blake gets the nod.
Not sure Martinez is worthy of being compared to Sydor or Zhitnik.

I think the thought process behind the thread is comparing our current three young D with the three young D that was part of core that led us to the finals in 1993.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
The trio that won us our first cup. Followed by the better trio.

^^^^

and when Sydor was here, he wasn't playing very well when he left. He basically got boo'd out of L.A.

The Zhitnik trade? still one of the WORST trades in team history - easily one of the top (bottom?) 2 or 3.

During the 05 lockout, I fell in love with Rob Blake all over again as I watched him knock the **** out of every mapleleaf he came in contact with in the 93 playoffs. He's still easily the most dominating defenseman the Kings have ever had. Doughty can maybe equal him, but he's still a ways off.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Lotta good comments in this thread.

Also how about:
Mitchell
Scuderi
Greene

Vs.

Huddy
McSorely
Watters
?

Not close huh? Maybe this was they key for winning the Cup run this time?

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Lotta good comments in this thread.

Also how about:
Mitchell
Scuderi
Greene

Vs.

Huddy
McSorely
Watters
?

Not close huh? Maybe this was they key for winning the Cup run this time?

Well the fact no D-man was using a friggin banana stick late in the third period of game 2 when we were leading certianly didn't hurt. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad