NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Anaheim
Detroit
Los Angeles
New Jersey
Ottawa
Haha. New Jersey was barely bottom 5 with Hall, Bratt, Wood, Vatanen, and Hischier missing significant time; the Devils getting horrifically bad goaltending for 2/3 of the season; and before Subban, Hughes, and Simmonds arrived...

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Ottawa, Edmonton, and Detroit are my locks for finishing bottom 5. The rest is a toss up imo. I want to say two of Anaheim, LA, and Chicago will round out that group.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Unfortunately, I think Los Angeles will see a huge improvement by losing Phaneuf and Desjardins. Not enough to make the playoffs, but likely enough to draft in the 10-15 range.

I hope some of you are right.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I don’t know how you can look at Edmonton’s roster as of right now and convince yourself that they are anything more than a bottom 5 team.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Anaheim
LA
Minnesota
Ottawa
Detroit (accidently voted Colombus)

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Ottawa, Detroit, LA, Anaheim, Edmonton

The last spot was hard, as that could be 1 of several teams, but went with the consistent, which is Edmonton... Won't be a huge gap between Edmonton and teams flirting with the last playoff spot.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
A darkhorse here is the Islanders. Lou completely failed to upgrade the team, and lost their Jennings winning, Vezina nominated goalie. The coaching impact is unlikely to be repeated, as like Vegas, they were motivated by outside factors and had a chip on their shoulder (Prove they could compete without JT).

On top of that, coaching impact is always higher right after higher, and the second year won't be as pronounced, especially as the teams in the division can better plan for their system and players. On top of this, unlike Vegas, their roster just isn't that talented. They are a bunch hard working, lunch and pale bucket types, but their high end skill starts with Barzal.. That's basically it? Eberle is ok but inconsistent. Lee is poised to decline after finally cashing in on his big UFA deal.

Finally, their big replacement for Lehner is Varalmov? A guy who sat on the bench when it mattered most for the Avs and couldn't have a shred of consistency? And what about the other guys on the team? Komarov already looked done before last year and wasn't much better. Do we see a 4th liner repeating his miracle run and suddenly scoring 20 goals again? Their defense is young, do they struggle and slump?

I just think they are going to fall back down to earth hard.. Ala the Avs a few years ago or Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad