Which teams are on a complete ReBuild or should be?!

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Why is Juolevi a bad pick? He could easily become a top pair dman, which will be more valuable than Tkachuk.

I don't think that it's a bad pick necessarily, I just was talking about general perception. He's a slower pick to come to fruition.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Any other division winners 3 of the last 5 years headed or should be rebuilding ? Never change HF boards. The team is being grossly underrated.

Habs will compete for or win the division again next season.

Yes, as if winning the Atlantic division is something one should be bragging about. :laugh:

And out of those 5 years? You missed the playoffs once, bounced in the 1st round twice, and made it to the 3rd round once.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Montreal is long overdue? Maybe you should inform yourself better?

Pacioretty 28
Byron 28
Shaw 26
Gallagher 25
Danault 24
Hudon 23
Galchenyuk 23
Drouin 22
Lehkonen 22
De la Rose 22
McCarron 22
Scherbak 21

Weber turned 32 5 days ago
Benn 30
Schlemko 30
Petry 29
Alzner 28
Jerabek 26
Davidson 25
Morrow 24
Lernout 21
Juulsen 20

Montoya 32
Price 30
Lindgren 23
Fucale 22
McNiven 20

:popcorn:

Looks good ! Keep adding to that team !

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Not many teams are admittedly rebuilding. But teams like Toronto, Buffalo, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Carolina, Edmonton, Vancouver, Colorado and Arizona are clearly rebuilding, with Edmonton, Toronto and Philadelphia now clearly ready to compete.

Teams that should rebuild because they have no chance of winning with their current core: Boston, Islanders, Capitals, Florida, LA, San Jose and Detroit with Detroit needing Holland to retire asap.

Why would Florida be a team that has to rebuild?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Good - not that it was the Leafs, but that the worst team hasn't been automatically getting that pick (which is how it used to be). I was also overjoyed that Buffalo didn't win the McDavid lottery. Buffalo tanked like few have before - to the point they even traded their 2nd or 3rd string goalie after he started to win a couple of games. I hate seeing teams rewarded like that.

If you're **** (like Vancouver is - sorry), then while it sucks for them and their fans, I think that's a fair price to pay to ensure that teams are not tanking as hard as possible to try and secure those top picks.

I respect your point but there also has to be a recognition of how little "tanking" happens. Most teams that end up in the basement are just bad without actively trying -- whether poor management, poor roster, poor coaching or all three.

The dominant teams since 2010 (aside from Boston, and even then Toronto gifted them some high picks) got there because of being able to pick from 1-3 multiple times. How do you expect bad teams now to get better without a better chance at elite players?

(Also, no offence taken. We all know what the Canucks are, I assure you)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes, as if winning the Atlantic division is something one should be bragging about. :laugh:

And out of those 5 years? You missed the playoffs once, bounced in the 1st round twice, and made it to the 3rd round once.

What's your point? This team was up there at the top during the last 5 years and our oldest important forward is 28 years old! Does this scream rebuild for you?

Yes, that ugly lineup just won the division once again and got another 100+ points season, can you imagine?

Looks good ! Keep adding to that team !

Give this man a drink! :cheers:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Pacioretty 28
Byron 28
Shaw 26
Gallagher 25
Danault 24
Hudon 23
Galchenyuk 23
Drouin 22
Lehkonen 22
De la Rose 22
McCarron 22
Scherbak 21

Benn 30
Schlemko 30
Petry 29
Alzner 28
Jerabek 26
Davidson 25
Morrow 24
Lernout 21
Juulsen 20

Montoya 32
Price 30
Lindgren 23
Fucale 22
McNiven 20

This is the definition of team that definitely needs a rebuild. Aging dcore aging goaltending and no top end centers in sight.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I respect your point but there also has to be a recognition of how little "tanking" happens. Most teams that end up in the basement are just bad without actively trying -- whether poor management, poor roster, poor coaching or all three.

The dominant teams since 2010 (aside from Boston, and even then Toronto gifted them some high picks) got there because of being able to pick from 1-3 multiple times. How do you expect bad teams now to get better without a better chance at elite players?

(Also, no offence taken. We all know what the Canucks are, I assure you)

The plan I've seen proposed a few times was the team that has the most points from the point where they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs gets the bottom spot. That way teams that really suck have a better chance to get that top slot, while also having something to actually play for. Their GM needs them to suck early and often, then be good once they're eliminated. This means they're not going to sell every single piece regardless of the offered returns (like when Burke wouldn't move Cammy for a crap return when he was in CGY).

That said we all know this will never happen.

As for the actual draft... while it sucks for Vancouver (or any team) to miss out 2 years in a row, the odds say that shouldn't happen - not like it did. But even if it does, it's still allowing them to pick high in the draft and giving them a better chance at high end talent - they just need to draft well enough to make things work. Besides... we all know it's not the 1st rd picks that a rebuilding team needs, but the rest of the draft. That's one of the reasons Edmonton's rebuild took so long. They (for the most part) picked solid players with their 1st rounders and then (mostly) bombed the later picks. They should have an amazing prospect pool right now... unfortunately we all know the truth.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
On paper it looks like the Kings should be able to make the playoffs easily. With a new head coach, if a turn around doesn't happen a rebuild should be in order.

Colorado might be up for new management and coaching staff. They seem to have a ton of talent. It will be a tough decision to let a franchise legend like Sakic go.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
48g90a138pts;135306183[B said:
]On paper it looks like the Kings should be able to make the playoffs easily[/B]. With a new head coach, if a turn around doesn't happen a rebuild should be in order.

Colorado might be up for new management and coaching staff. They seem to have a ton of talent. It will be a tough decision to let a franchise legend like Sakic go.

On paper they look very bad. No depth and very, very slow.

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
Just because they were missing the playoffs does not mean they were rebuilding. It started only 2 years ago.
Is that so? I kept hearing differently from 2009 onwards.

They didn't just miss the playoffs, they were bottom feeders.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Why would Florida be a team that has to rebuild?
Because they aren't good? Moving guys that won't fit into their future like Yandle and if someone is crazy, Luongo, would be a start. They need to insert some talent into the roster. Barkov, Huberdeau and Trocheck are solid but beyond that, the offence is miserable looking. Their goaltending is either weak or injury prone and their defence lacks a bit of everything.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Because they aren't good? Moving guys that won't fit into their future like Yandle and if someone is crazy, Luongo, would be a start. They need to insert some talent into the roster. Barkov, Huberdeau and Trocheck are solid but beyond that, the offence is miserable looking. Their goaltending is either weak or injury prone and their defence lacks a bit of everything.

They need new ownership. That stunt of changing so much last summer after a breakthrough season was ridiculous. They have been bad management and ownership.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
For about the past 2-3 years Vancouver should have entered a full scorched earth rebuild but they have not. Now when they are forced to rebuild it'll be longer and more painful because they didn't trade off for futures at good value. I feel for Vancouver fans, I really do.

As much as I HATE to say it Philadelphia has been in a rebuild for a few years and they are doing a good job at it. ****ing Flyers...

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is the definition of team that definitely needs a rebuild. Aging dcore aging goaltending and no top end centers in sight.

Not to mention any team can toss in average prospects to sell to the fans 'exciting future' but most teams know that isn't a rebuild nor a promising future.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Pacioretty 28
Byron 28
Shaw 26
Gallagher 25
Danault 24
Hudon 23
Galchenyuk 23
Drouin 22
Lehkonen 22
De la Rose 22
McCarron 22
Scherbak 21

Benn 30
Schlemko 30
Petry 29
Alzner 28
Jerabek 26
Davidson 25
Morrow 24
Lernout 21
Juulsen 20

Montoya 32
Price 30
Lindgren 23
Fucale 22
McNiven 20

Out of your players under 30, only two ate likely "impact" players in Patches and Drouin.

Your on my top 4D IMO is 32 and already declining while the prospect pool is one of the worst in the league.

Yeah, I agree they should definitely be in a rebuild

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton

Pacioretty 28
Byron 28
Shaw 26
Gallagher 25
Danault 24
Hudon 23
Galchenyuk 23
Drouin 22
Lehkonen 22
De la Rose 22
McCarron 22
Scherbak 21

Benn 30
Schlemko 30
Petry 29
Alzner 28
Jerabek 26
Davidson 25
Morrow 24
Lernout 21
Juulsen 20

Montoya 32
Price 30
Lindgren 23
Fucale 22
McNiven 20

Montreal is a dumpster fire and i know one when i see one because i've witnessed it for the past number of years. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching this debacle unfold for the next decade.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
They need new ownership. That stunt of changing so much last summer after a breakthrough season was ridiculous. They have been bad management and ownership.
I can't argue with that. And it wasn't even just that stuff you mentioned, they also wanted to control how Gallant coached. And that's why eventually he got fired. And, IMO, it's also why they lost to the Isle in the first round. It was freaking god awful.
The only thing I'll say is I'll give them a bit of a reprieve seeing as they seem to have figured out their mistake and tried to correct it by giving Tallon back the reins. But if they interfere again, I'll only want them gone, period.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
The Flyers are rebuilding without tanking.

The last 3 years, have drafted 9, 10, 9 picks and already have 10 for next year.
2015 two 1st rounders
2016 1st, and three 2nd rounders
2017 two 1st rounders, 2nd Rd pick
2018 currently have two 1st rounders already

Hextall has been adding lots of picks and using them to move up in drafts to get guys he wants. He has had 9 1st or 2nd Rd picks the last 3 years and 3 more for next year. And 7 off them have been used on forwards to complement the upcoming D and G pipeline that has been built.

Looking forward to 2018 strong draft and adding another D and another F to the mix.

Hextall is going an incredible job of rebuilding while not tanking too bad. Strong D prospects. Not sure of their forward depth?

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016

Pacioretty 28
Byron 28
Shaw 26
Gallagher 25
Danault 24
Hudon 23
Galchenyuk 23
Drouin 22
Lehkonen 22
De la Rose 22
McCarron 22
Scherbak 21

Benn 30
Schlemko 30
Petry 29
Alzner 28
Jerabek 26
Davidson 25
Morrow 24
Lernout 21
Juulsen 20

Montoya 32
Price 30
Lindgren 23
Fucale 22
McNiven 20

If you posted this list to seem impressive, you failed. Their forward group is mediocre at best. Other than Weber and Petry, their blue line is pretty bad. Sure the Habs extended Price, but they had to. When he's on his game he is the best in the league. But the Habs are due for a rebuild for sure. With the few core guys they have, and they are all around or over 30. This group won't be challenging as a contender anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad