Speculation: Which teams are legitimately looking for defensive help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Detroit needs a puck moving, top pairing Dman. Holland, however, doesn't have the balls to pull it off.

Mantha+Tatar for Brodin+ could be interesting. I just don't know DET other needs so I don't know the right + that would need to be added to Brodin.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Kings don't have the chips to get in a horse race with anyone else.

UFA signings, whether Demers or Hamhuis. Either one would add depth to our thin D when there's an inevitable injury. Good luck relying on McNabb to to improve, I just don't see it. Not a guy I want in the top 4 at all.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Unless Campbell resigns--which is a long shot--Florida could definitely use a depth defenseman.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
I was wondering this after all these moves etc....which teams would we say are looking to add a defenseman? Most specifically of the top 2-4 defenseman variety.

I think Boston, Colorado and Toronto come to mind as teams looking for defenseman although Colorado likely wants to figure out it's situation with Barrie first.

Any other team been rumoured to be hunting for help on the back end?

EDM
DET
TOR
COL
BOS

Who is available?

Shattenkirk
Fowler(?)
Trouba(?)
Brodin
Dumba(?)
Demers (UFA)
Hamhuis (UFA)
Russell (UFA)

Would like to see the Oilers go after Russell I think he would be a good number 4 d-man.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Sharks could use some bottom pairing depth. Dillon has been ok-to-bad ever since his injury halfway through last season. DeMelo can probably step in on the right side, but all we really have after him is Heed. Mueller isn't looking NHL-caliber as of yet, and it'll still be a while before Ryan or Brodzinski are ready.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->