Which team would you pick?

Which team is better (wins the Cup)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
All players below are in their prime. Which team wins (considering the rest of each team is pure crap)? Team A with the best forwards ever + the worst defense and goaltenders ever or Team B with the worst forwards ever + the best defense and goaltenders ever. Basically, forwards vs defense/goal.

Team A
Bobby Hull - Wayne Gretzky - Gordie Howe
Mark Messier - Mario Lemieux - Jaromir Jagr
Joe Sakic - Jean Beliveau - Maurice Richard
Alexander Ovechkin - Sidney Crosby - Mike Bossy

Ken McAuley
Hardy Astrom

Team B
Ray Bourque - Bobby Orr
Nicklas Lidstrom - Doug Harvey
Scott Stevens - Chris Pronger

Dominik Hasek
Patrick Roy

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
You made an error. Team A has no D and team B has no forwards.
It doesn't matter who the defensemen are in Team A, nor the forwards in Team B, because they're the worst of the worst - it's more like a "fill in the blanks". Best forwards + worst defense/goaltending vs worst forwards + best defense/goaltending.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The worst forwards ever meaning the worst NHL forwards ever or people new to the game putting on skates for the first time?

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
The worst forwards ever meaning the worst NHL forwards ever or people new to the game putting on skates for the first time?
They need to have played at least 1 game in the NHL.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
They need to have played at least 1 game in the NHL.
Forwards then. If the D can at least somewhat skate and defend, I will take the forwards because it would be 12 elite players vs 7 (not including the backup goalie).

The defensemen on the D team would have to play rover roles, anyways, and that could easily be exploited by the elite forwards.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Forwards then. If the D can at least somewhat skate and defend, I will take the forwards because it would be 12 elite players vs 7 (not including the backup goalie).

The defensemen on the D team would have to play rover roles, anyways, and that could easily be exploited by the elite forwards.
True, but having the worst goalies of all time, the defensemen from Team B could just throw the puck anywhere, and it would feel like a sort of empty net.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
True, but having the worst goalies of all time, the defensemen from Team B could just throw the puck anywhere, and it would feel like a sort of empty net.
Eh, if the goalies made the NHL, chances are they could stop basic shots, even if you want to go way back.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
12 forwards >>>> 6 D + 2 G. The impact the forwards will provide compared to the defense is just insane. I mean Gretzky, Lemieux and Howe all on the same team. That's 3 of the 4 best consensus players in NHL history. Team B wont be able to score enough goals compared to Team A. Not even Hasek would be able to stop that onslaught for a straight 60 minutes.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I would expect the best defensive player on each of Team A’s lines to probably play defence anyways to balance the team. It would be pretty easy for that team to keep the puck away from team B and prevent most scoring chances. Team A would probably outshoot team B 45-15 and win 4-2.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Defense, all day

good luck scoring anything against Hasek and Orr.

also, dont forget that the defenders provide more on offense, than the forwards team does on defense.

Orr and Bourque can carry an offense on their own.
Lidstrom had 1100 points
Stevens had 900
Harvey and Pronger were 0.50 ppg players

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
3 great and 2 terrible players on the ice are going to beat 2 great players and two terrible players. The goalie advantage isn't going to be worth much when the one team dominates so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad