Iceland: Which team would the first Icelandic NHL player make?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Just a guess in terms of location and culture alone, what team would the first Icelandic NHL player make? I'd say Minnesota or Winnipeg. However, that remains to be seen, as the chances of that happening might not be in the next who knows how many years.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Just a guess in terms of location and culture alone, what team would the first Icelandic NHL player make? I'd say Minnesota or Winnipeg. However, that remains to be seen, as the chances of that happening might not be in the next who knows how many years.

I am surprised none from the movie Mighty Ducks ever turned out to be prospects... :laugh:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sigurður Friðriksson and Halldór Halldórsson played in the NHL for the Detroit Cougars in 1926, I'd give them the credit even if they were born in Winnipeg. Their Winnipeg Falcons that won Olympic gold for Canada in 1920 consisted of Icelanders anyway (all but one). That's also why the Icelandic national team uses the falcon in their logo today so it's a big part of Icelandic hockey heritage. But as they made it in Detroit maybe the next one will make it in Winnipeg then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad