Which team wins the President’s Trophy

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
The Leafs.

Best PP.
Best PK, with stars scoring shorties every night.
Best goalie who can face big time amount of shots every night.
Best coach.
Smartest GM.
Best center depth.
Best wing depth (they don't even need Nylander).
Underrated defense (you'll see).

Did I miss anything?
Yup, you're a Leafs fan.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I like the Jets , but they are not getting to 116 man. Sorry. Last year getting to 114 when every thing fell into place was phenomenal, don't expect the team to increase that.

110 + would be phenomenal by this years standard.

90-100 good teams
100-110 Great teams
110 + very seldom happens in back to back years.

I do agree that a repeat of last years performance is unlikely but you do know the Scheifele miss 22 games last season. A healthy first line all season means they may repeat last year performance.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I’ll go with Toronto or Tampa Bay. Their division is a complete joke. Most of the worst teams in the league are apart of it.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
The Leafs.

Best PP.
Best PK, with stars scoring shorties every night.
Best goalie who can face big time amount of shots every night.
Best coach.
Smartest GM.
Best center depth.
Best wing depth (they don't even need Nylander).
Underrated defense (you'll see).

Did I miss anything?

Yea you're not a true Leafs fan... I didn't see the name Matthews or Tavares in there... not even once. #bandwagonfan

Reactions: Sam Spade

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
I do agree that a repeat of last years performance is unlikely but you do know the Scheifele miss 22 games last season. A healthy first line all season means they may repeat last year performance.

Or they may regress (or get injured again) and not even score 80 points.....

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Tampa, followed with another game 7 exit despite being the overwhelming favorite in the series.

Or Toronto because John Tavares is now a maple leaf

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
And Washington was a much better team. Considering a worse Caps team just won the cup against a team that beat Winnipeg in 5 games.

This is a silly narrative. When Stastny became a Jet it was reported that he had more SC PO's experience then all of the Jets combined except Buff. Other then Buff all of the Jets vets had little or no experience in the PO's never mine the kids that play for the team. When the Jet beat the President trophy winner Preds in the second round they were spent and had nothing left against LV. That team now has learned that wining the second round is meaningless no matter who you beat if you don't win it all. Something that the Caps didn't learn until last year. Caps should of won the cup years ago and finally did it when their window is almost closed. Guess what? Jets window has just open and last year was a great learning experience for a young team to learn how to win in the PO's.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Or they may regress (or get injured again) and not even score 80 points.....

Even if they get injured badly next season they will easily get more then 80 points. The central will be tough but the Jets are a complete team unlike the Oilers or Senators of last year. If Helle is a dumpster fire then they may not make the PO's. If Helle give the Jets mid league goaltending they will fight for first in the Central. If he is as good as last year then they will fight for first in the league.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
If the Leafs ever win the cup I feel like this entire board will simultaneously rage quit

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I feel like it's gonna be one last regular season hurrah for the Penguins:

Crosby
Malkin
Murray
Letang
Kessel
Dumoulin
Schultz
Guentzal
Hagelin
Sprong
Hornqvist

IDK - I think they're a deep team even after this bunch.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
ugh why would you want your team to be the best regular season team seems just so blah. Save it for the playoffs where it matters the most.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I like the Jets , but they are not getting to 116 man. Sorry. Last year getting to 114 when every thing fell into place was phenomenal, don't expect the team to increase that.

110 + would be phenomenal by this years standard.

90-100 good teams
100-110 Great teams
110 + very seldom happens in back to back years.

Huh? Everything fell in place? Meaning the players started progressing towards their potentials?
Because you know there was some major injuries right?
Scheifele was gonna for like 5 weeks or longer
I think Trouba was injured also
Kulikov was out for the rest of the season
I'm sure there are more injuries that I'm not thinking of

Last edited:
Reactions: Cellee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad