Which team prospect pages....

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

His play at the prospect camp I've heard has been discouraging and I believe Wallin and O'Sullivan are better centers than him. He just doesn't have the wheels. I was on the Koivu bandwagon and I think he'll be a good player but not an elite. Just a 3rd line or 4th line muckler.

NewHabsEra*

I think HF's rating system have alot of improvement to do...

The actual system does'nt give us an accurate idea about the real value of the young players..

I know its easier to critic than suggest an idea but at the moment prospects should only be ranked IMO.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
SwOOsh said:
8's for Welch and Salmonsson?? Malkin the same rating as Ovechkin? OKay....

i don't want to destroy your ovechkin-world, but malkin is damn close to ovechkin and could end up being the better player. a year ago ovechkin was miles ahead, but now it's rather close.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
SwOOsh said:
8's for Welch and Salmonsson?? Malkin the same rating as Ovechkin? OKay....

I've heard several posters on the Pen's board say that Ovechkin would be a 9.5. He never assigned Ovechkin the 9 rating, so maybe you should ask him what rating he would've given Ovechkin before you throw a hissy fit.

CoolburnIsGone

On FL's list, you can see what I would've had as the top 10 before the draft by reading the draft preview. With the draft completed, Shantz & Olesz could be throw in there but you can follow the polls on the FL board for the rest. In addition, some players helped themselves by having a good prospect camp down in FL just recently.

SwOOsh*

spence___ said:
I've heard several posters on the Pen's board say that Ovechkin would be a 9.5. He never assigned Ovechkin the 9 rating, so maybe you should ask him what rating he would've given Ovechkin before you throw a hissy fit.

Why should I have to do personal research for a rating on a hockey site? What is the point then of them putting it up.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
SwOOsh said:
Why should I have to do personal research for a rating on a hockey site? What is the point then of them putting it up.

Last I checked MKN's only affiliation with Hockeysfuture.com was as a poster on its boards.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
spence___ said:
Last I checked MKN's only affiliation with Hockeysfuture.com was as a poster on its boards.

Yes, those were only my rankings based on my opinion.

For the record, I would probably give Ovechkin a 9.5, but I think a good case can be made either way. Ovechkin and Malkin both have star potential, although Ovechkin might be a bit better offensively. There's no way to know right now who will be better offensively, because the development/age factor comes into play, but one of the biggest selling points about Ovechkin is his ability to make other contributions on the ice, stuff that wouldn't neccesarily reflect on star status, which I why I assume he was given a 9.

db23

quick said:
Oilers is up

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=10

1. Jeff Deslauriers, G
2. Robbie Schremp, C
3. Marc-Antoine Pouliot, C
4. Jesse Niinimäki, C
5. Doug Lynch, D
6. Jeff Woywitka, D
7. Matthew Greene, D
8. Devan Dubnyk, G
9. Jani Rita, LW
10. Alexei Mikhnov, LW

I'm not an Oilers fan, but I think you severely underrate Lynch and Woywitka along with Mikhnov. They are big strong kids who have proven themselves at a high level, unlike most of the rest of the players on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad