Which spot would Girard take on your team's defense?

Girard on my team would be a... ?

• Total voters

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Do people really think that a #2 has to slot on the top pairing? Jan Rutta just won a Cup playing on a pair with Hedman. I’m sure not one single person considers Rutta to be a #2

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Behind Hedman and McDonagh on Tampa, so #3. Would have to be creative with minutes because of positioning, similar to Sergachev but with a bigger defensive role.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
#1 ahead of Schmidt, Hughes, Edler, Hamonic, Myers and Juolevi

Maybe next year will see what Rathbone becomes, but for now Girard would def be on our top pairing and probably ahead of Schmidt

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
offensively yes. but i would take Brodie and his elite defensive ability over Girard, at least on the Leafs. its hard to compare the 2.

TJ Brodie elite defensively? :laugh:

What is this, bizarro world? One of those guys actually is elite defensively at everything apart from clearing the crease and it sure as hell isn't TJ Brodie.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I'd have him fourth on the Canes behind Slavin, Dougie and Pesce. Yes, Pesce.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
TJ Brodie elite defensively? :laugh:

What is this, bizarro world? One of those guys actually is elite defensively at everything apart from clearing the crease and it sure as hell isn't TJ Brodie.
uhhh... did you watch Brodie at all this year? thats what he does. defend. he provides almost nothing offensively yet every Toronto fan will tell you they are very happy with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->