Which "souls" game best?

Which "souls" game best?

• Total voters

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Never played Bloodborne, but I've played all the others. I love the series, but the only game I can consistently play over and over is the original Dark Souls. Demon's Souls is the runner up. You can really make some fun OP builds in that game which they kinda didn't let you do in Dark Souls (like a regen build).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'd still say Dark Souls 1. Arguably the best base game, definitely the best DLC. I'd like to see an updated Demon's Souls with some of the QoL changes from Dark Souls, though.

DkS1
Bloodborne
Demon's Souls
DkS3/Nioh
DkS2

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
DS1
DS3
DS2
Demon Souls

If Bloodborne counts as a 'Souls' game, it is tied with part 3.

The reason DS1 is ranked number 1:

Best World, both in terms of connectivity and atmosphere(they go hand in hand).
Most memorable bosses
Most memorable locations
Best DLC

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not sure Nioh should be included in this list. If it is, shouldn't games like The Surge and Lords of the Fallen also be here? I love Nioh, and while it has its similarities as a "soulslike" game, it is very very different too.

I think Bloodborne is hands down the best overall From game on the list. I never got a chance to play Demon Souls and I hope they remaster it. It's difficult to choose because they all shine in certain categories.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I'm not sure Nioh should be included in this list. If it is, shouldn't games like The Surge and Lords of the Fallen also be here? I love Nioh, and while it has its similarities as a "soulslike" game, it is very very different too.

I think Bloodborne is hands down the best overall From game on the list. I never got a chance to play Demon Souls and I hope they remaster it. It's difficult to choose because they all shine in certain categories.
The Surge and Lords of the Fallen not super good games.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I went with Bloodborne. Love the faster paced combat in that game, and I really enjoyed the gothic vibe in that game.

Dark Souls I would be right behind it on my list.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I've only played Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3. Dark Souls 3 was much easier to me, I beat the game in a couple of weeks.

Dark Souls I still haven't beaten. I got to Blighttown and that spider boss...but I was poisoned the whole time and didn't care enough to get the moss that cures poison. I'll take another crack at the game when the remastered version comes out.

Dark Souls was the better (and more frustrating) game to me.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I've only played Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3. Dark Souls 3 was much easier to me, I beat the game in a couple of weeks.

Dark Souls I still haven't beaten. I got to Blighttown and that spider boss...but I was poisoned the whole time and didn't care enough to get the moss that cures poison. I'll take another crack at the game when the remastered version comes out.

Dark Souls was the better (and more frustrating) game to me.

I thought DS3 had way harder bosses than the original DS. Pontiff Sulyvahn and Dancer of the Boreal Valley are harder than anything in the original game, even Ornstein and Smough. That said Blightown can be a pain if you don't know where you're going. Also parts of Anor Londo can be quite difficulty, especially when they are shooting arrows at you.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I thought DS3 had way harder bosses than the original DS. Pontiff Sulyvahn and Dancer of the Boreal Valley are harder than anything in the original game, even Ornstein and Smough. That said Blightown can be a pain if you don't know where you're going. Also parts of Anor Londo can be quite difficulty, especially when they are shooting arrows at you.

Very true. I ended up summoning fairly often in Dark Souls 3 for bosses, however I solo'd Pontiff. Took me 5 or 6 tries, but once I became familiar with his move set, it wasn't overly difficult (like most boss fights).

I definitely cheesed a bit of Anor Londo. Near the end portion with the roof tops and those archers, I just ran through most of it, which ended up being a very viable strategy lol.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I think Bloodborne being such a fresh take on the series and the way it integrated everything beats DS1 in my opinion.

BB
DS1
DS3
DS2

Didn't play DeS

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Started with Bloodborne and went to the Souls games after. Not sure if that's why I like it more, but I do. Could be the more aggressive style compared to the more defensive as well.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Started with Bloodborne and went to the Souls games after. Not sure if that's why I like it more, but I do. Could be the more aggressive style compared to the more defensive as well.

Bloodborne was my first too. After it went DS2: SotFS, DS3, then DS1. I think it impacts my feelings on DS1, as I enjoyed it the least of the bunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad