Which skates are the best threads

Fleuryoutside29

Nov 3, 2009
Winner's for MLX skates were announced a while back. Anyone get theirs yet or know anyone who did? Are there any reviews or reactions?

cain44

Sep 18, 2009
Louisville, KY.
I haven't skated in years but last time I did it was on CCM Tacks with the RBK pump. I had them for ice and inline and I loved those skates.

superirish13

Sep 24, 2010
bauer supreme 80 vs. 100 please help

Could anyone compare the differences in the bauer supreme 80 and 100 one. The specs and materials used on webpages are like a foreign language and i was looking for some personal expierience. I have tried on the 80's in a size 7 and found them to be very comfortable. Im an intermediate level player, i was playing about once a week when i started but now like 3 times a week. Im 27yr 5'10" and about 215lbs. The shop I went to didnt have the 100 in my size. I was curious to know the differences between stiffness and durability. I had a pair of easton synergy 800s and they are falling apart, as if everything was glued together after 3 seasons. Most of my friends have skates that have lasted them since high school. I was hoping for that kind of quality. I also wasnt sure with my weight if a stiff skate would be more advantageous. again the 80 fits like a glove, but would the materials and craftsmanship in a 100 be worth the extra cash if it means added durablity. thanks

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I think I'm going to pick up a pair of skates today... I'm a beginner, but I was told not to be cheap with skates. Looking online, there are a few on sale in my price range... does anyone have any opinions or advice?

2009 Easton Synergy SE10 - $199
Reebok 6k Pump - $179
Bauer Supreme ONE60 - $199

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
I think I'm going to pick up a pair of skates today... I'm a beginner, but I was told not to be cheap with skates. Looking online, there are a few on sale in my price range... does anyone have any opinions or advice?

2009 Easton Synergy SE10 - $199
Reebok 6k Pump - $179
Bauer Supreme ONE60 - $199

I just picked up a pair of ONE80's for 500 great skate and very similar to the ONE75's which I used to have. Mind you I've been playing hockey for 8 years now so I'm not exactly a beginner

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
So I'll be playing ice for the first time ever come January and was looking to drop around $200 on a pair of skates.

Is it typically better to buy last year's/two year's ago top-line models for about $200 or go for a current year's model at around $200?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
So I'll be playing ice for the first time ever come January and was looking to drop around $200 on a pair of skates.

Is it typically better to buy last year's/two year's ago top-line models for about $200 or go for a current year's model at around $200?

DEFINITELY older models. The performance level of older models at that price range far outstrip current entry level skates at that price. I picked up a pair of S15's today on sale for $300 CDN, considering they were almost $600 a few years ago, it's definitely a steal. At the same price range, Bauer's entry X:30 and One60 cannot even compete based on performance

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
DEFINITELY older models. The performance level of older models at that price range far outstrip current entry level skates at that price. I picked up a pair of S15's today on sale for $300 CDN, considering they were almost $600 a few years ago, it's definitely a steal. At the same price range, Bauer's entry X:30 and One60 cannot even compete based on performance

Thanks, any specific ones you can recommend for around $200USD (not that USD/CDN matters anymore :laugh:)

DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN

Mar 18, 2007
Inline Skate Help

I just bought the TOUR COBALT Q'S. I had them baked and skated with them about 10-15 times. They still kill my feet. i am looking to dump them on eBay and move on...Any suggestions on the best/easiest to break in, inline skates???

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
Anyone buy the new Bauer One100 limited edition skates yet? All black. I want the holders for my One95s. :cry:

bauer-supreme-one100-le-limited-edition.jpg

dannythekid

Nov 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I have the Bauer One70s and I love them, it's like loving hockey all over again compared to my old ones.

As far as the MLX's go... I know they are custom made to your foot, but I don't know where the $800 is going, they are definitely not worth writing home about as far as the quality goes. They look pretty cheap to me.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Anyone buy the new Bauer One100 limited edition skates yet? All black. I want the holders for my One95s. :cry:

bauer-supreme-one100-le-limited-edition.jpg
The only person who notices how your skates look is you, think about how often you've looked at other players skates and been impressed? Basically never. One100s are essentially the same skates as the one95s you already own.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
I recently upgraded from the 2010 Reebok 6ks to the 2009 Reebok 9k.
I needed a stiffer boot, as i tore the 6ks in less then 3 months, due to my weight.

I love the 9ks so far, and they feel much better, as I am not losing edges like i was on my damaged 6ks. I would recommend them as they are on sale right now do to being last years model.

Break in time was short, i had them baked once, but i skate pretty aggressively and often.

bokchoy

Oct 2, 2010
I have Bauer Vapor XXXX right now, and recently tried on, (not skated on) the X 60, 11k and Total One.

i was set on getting the x 60s to replace my worn Vapor xxxx, i tried on the x 60 they were a lot more stiff than i had anticipated, and felt like my foot was immobile and i was wearing armour on my foot. they just feel like a solid well built skate.

I tried on the RBK 11k (of course i would have replaced the blade holder with a Tuuk LS2), the 11k's felt pretty good seemed a little more mobile then the x 60 but didnt seem quite as durable as the X60, i thought if i took a clapper of the foot, it wouldnt feel good at all.

then i tried on the Total One, these skates feel amazing...... the fit is awesome, its mobile. only little thing that was bothering me was they felt a little lower cut then the x60 and the Vapor xxxx. but my foot fit awesome in those skates an are probably going to be the ones i pick up!

Yeah, I tried the Vapors, and I'm not a big fan of how stiff it is in the front. You feel more agile because it feels like the skate is part of your leg, but it totally restricts your movement. With Supremes, you're much more mobile and can get fuller strides.

Just got a pair of Grafs 705's today! Can't wait to try them.

Das Uber

Kitten Mittens
Feb 4, 2007
Omicron Persei 8
I recently upgraded to the RBK 9Ks because I got a great deal and my 5ks were a size too large (problems with buying online with no return policy). Anyways, my right skate fits perfectly, but my toes (pinky toe in particular) feels crammed in my left skate. This causes some slight pain and discomfort which increases the longer I keep it on. I guess my left foot is slightly wider than my right. Loosening the lower laces didn't help much so I was wondering if this is a problem that will go away once I break in the boot.

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
think about how often you've looked at other players skates and been impressed? Basically never. One100s are essentially the same skates as the one95s you already own.

I know that but I've always liked black holders, not saying I'd buy One100s or anything.

Yeah, I tried the Vapors, and I'm not a big fan of how stiff it is in the front. You feel more agile because it feels like the skate is part of your leg, but it totally restricts your movement. With Supremes, you're much more mobile and can get fuller strides.

Just got a pair of Grafs 705's today! Can't wait to try them.

How do you like the 705s? I went from 705s to Vapors to Supremes - more or less because the One95 was more heat moldable and my right foot is a touch smaller and has a bone sticking out on lower inside of my ankle thats around the same size of my ankle bone (gross, I know). I couldn't quite get Vapors to fit properly and had arch problems. And I always hold a special place in my heart for my old 705s that went thru 5 seasons of 60+ skates. :laugh:

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Finally made a skate upgrade...grew up as a goalie but when I stopped I bought CCM Externo 50s, easy fit, didn't need anything great.

Playing a lot more now and getting quite a bit better. Found a used pair of Bauer One95s for 200 bucks so jumped on em. Very very stiff but I really really like it. So much more confidence with the negative space the skate eliminates with the way it was formed. Didn't know a skate could feel this good.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
got the bauer one60s supremes 10 games ago and I love em. Material on the outside seems to already be gettin really scratched up though but what ever.

For my budget around 200 bucks these skates are forsure the best skates i've ever had. light and comfortable

Nichenew

Feb 4, 2010
The 9k is a way stiffer skate than the vapor x:30. Depending on how many times you are skating the 9k will eventually be a better fit than the x:30. As well, the 9k is definately a wider skate than the bauer vapor x:30 so take that into consideration.

On a side note, if your looking for an agile skate, the x:30 will perform miles above the 9k. The 9k is overall superior in quality and performance though.

bokchoy

Oct 2, 2010
How do you like the 705s? I went from 705s to Vapors to Supremes - more or less because the One95 was more heat moldable and my right foot is a touch smaller and has a bone sticking out on lower inside of my ankle thats around the same size of my ankle bone (gross, I know). I couldn't quite get Vapors to fit properly and had arch problems. And I always hold a special place in my heart for my old 705s that went thru 5 seasons of 60+ skates. :laugh:

I absolutely love them.

They are heavier than every other skate in its price range, but I picked them because of its legendary fit, and to a lesser extent it's legendary durability.. They are incredible. I went from Bauer Supremes and I feel like I can skate much better on the 705's.

It was between sticking to tried-and-true Bauer Supremes and buying the One80's or getting the Graf 705's. Went with the Grafs and I'm pretty happy so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad